Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Kinect Dashboard Preview Program

• 22-09-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up, Major Nelson site has a link to sign up for the beta to test the new Kinect Dashboard (dashboard only, you won't be getting the hardware!)

Link here.

http://majornelson.com/default.aspx

I signed up and got in straight away!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

No party chat bugger.. hmm

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cheap so and so not giving us a sensor :D

Got accepted also.

FYI: Says at the end it'll be available in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I got in :)

No party chat will be a b***h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Got accepted there too :pac: Don't think it will be that much different from what it is now though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got accepted there too :pac: Don't think it will be that much different from what it is now though

It's flatter, that's about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Kinect Dashboard has been avalibe to download from the internet for a couple of weeks now you can load it on by usb or burn it to a cd and load it on that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In case you're wondering, see video below for what it looks like.
    Avatar editor looks better, but everything else looks a bit flat.
    I guess we'll see for ourselves in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Yea I got accepted too. Hope my Xbox can cope! held together with sellotape at this stage. Just gotta hold it together till Kinect Bundle in November...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yea I got accepted too. Hope my Xbox can cope! held together with sellotape at this stage. Just gotta hold it together till Kinect Bundle in November...

Didn't know there was a console/Kinect bundle. Mmmm. I wasn't going to upgrade but I'm rather tempted now.

Any idea of the price mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

That_Guy wrote: »
    Didn't know there was a console/Kinect bundle. Mmmm. I wasn't going to upgrade but I'm rather tempted now.

Any idea of the price mate?

There's a 4gb bundle available for preorder at the moment but I'm not sure of price. Basically you get the Kinect for e50 less. 250gb bundle was only announced a couple of wks ago with pricing expected to be e50 more than the 4gb bundle (already confirmed at £299 in UK).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/08/xbox-360-250gb-plus-kinect-bundle-priced-at-399-in-us-300-in/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kinect Dashboard has been avalibe to download from the internet for a couple of weeks now you can load it on by usb or burn it to a cd and load it on that way.

Yeah you can do that, but what you failed to mention is that you'll be barred from going on live until it's officially released using that method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

update just went live. downloading/installing now

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dazftw wrote: »
    update just went live. downloading/installing now

Yeah i got it there too. I'm impressed so far, it has a simpler, cleaner look and seems to be a lot faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Definitely simpler than the last one. Very clean, though.

New avatar creator is nice too. Game awards aren't showing up though. I was wearing a limbo t-shirt before the update, and it went back to a default t-shirt afterwards. Avatar awards are listed, but all showing as a simple t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ohhhhhhhhhh new start up chime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mr E wrote: »
    Game awards aren't showing up though. I was wearing a limbo t-shirt before the update, and it went back to a default t-shirt afterwards. Avatar awards are listed, but all showing as a simple t-shirt.

Yeah, they mention that on the forums and on the Microsoft Connect site. Your themes and Awards won't appear during the Beta (but they are still there in your account). They will be available again after the Beta - I think it's mainly due to the slight refactoring of the Avatars for use in Kinect games. They have to go and resize all those t-shirts, awards and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Definitely looks more polished that the last. Looking forward even more now to the Kinect launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Oh i like this! Much better than the old one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

Damn I miss chat :( looks decent however.

I noticed for one session chat it worked for me with someone I know has the old dashboard any one else notice this?

Advertisement