Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders any use?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got this when it came out and despite being a slow starter the game really picked up and I was loving it.

Then I got distracted by Bayonetta... some day I'll finish Darksiders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm absolutly loving it. It's got some excellent combat, a good story, and some great set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Tis a bit after the point, but the mighty Jim Rossignol of PC Gamer, Eurogamer, etc. posted his impressions on the PC port here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/24/raargh-darksiders-released-impressions/

He got stuck at the same bit and gave up as it's far too frustrating! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Picked it up on friday for the 360, loving it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I managed to get this on PC without paying the stupid €49.99 Steam wanted.

You can buy the game from here which contains a Steam activation code in the confirmation email. You then add that to your existing Steam account and it all works.

That just saved me €20!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

Id like to play it didnt but it.

i think the zelda thing annoyed me

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

surprised by the responses after so many people were ready to knock it before its release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

weird i didnt have any problem with the guy on the highway bit( lol, but i had a lot of grief with some of the others )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The only problem I had with the checkpoints is when you pass one with full health, get beaten by a boss (
    mainly just that bastard at the end of the Iron Canopy
    ) then respawn with half of your health:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just cleared it there. That was really enjoyable, and the ending was ****in epic. Really hope they do a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kiith wrote: »
    Just cleared it there. That was really enjoyable, and the ending was ****in epic. Really hope they do a sequel.
    The sequel is confirmed as being in development with a release date of 2012. I'd imagine Q1, just like the original. Personally I smell
    4-player co-op with the other horsemen
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just going in agreeing with everyone who loved the game. Was one of the most enjoyable games I've played all year, and I've played a lot of games! One of those games that slid under my radar and I picked it up for the sake of a new game and was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Just going in agreeing with everyone who loved the game. Was one of the most enjoyable games I've played all year, and I've played a lot of games! One of those games that slid under my radar and I picked it up for the sake of a new game and was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying it.

Same here actually... I tried the demo and didn't think much of it, but decided to give it a rent anyway and ended up being absolutely blown away!
    Definitely a contender for game of the year for me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Saw it in hmv today for 20,considered it.
    Watch a gameplay vid there,just seems to hack and slack game.

Just came across the top hot wearing skeleton, and all i can say is.... LMAO! :D

BOOM! What an ending! There better be a sequel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

BOOM! What an ending! There better be a sequel!

There is, it's been announced that they're working on one. To be released 2012 as far as I know. No doubt they'll have a promotional tie-in with the actual Apocalypse which will be happening around then too.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    There is, it's been announced that they're working on one. To be released 2012 as far as I know. No doubt they'll have a promotional tie-in with the actual Apocalypse which will be happening around then too.

Ah well, at least we won't have to suffer through tacked on co-op play...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tman wrote: »
    Ah well, at least we won't have to suffer through tacked on co-op play...
    I think given the development time they're allowing for it will be anything but tacked on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Picked this up for €20 in HMV on the back of this thread.
    Brilliant game, really enjoying it. And big as well.

The puzzles are really well thought out and you can trust the game, as in you can breeze past what looks like an area you can get to, knowing that it'll give you the tools to get there later and not spend half an hour attempting to get there now.

Have to say Mark Hammill as the watcher is brilliant.
    Love that bit in the Ashland,
    after the fight arena section, "Are you not entertained?"
    Gave me a good laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I picked this game up after reading this thread as well. To me the game seems to be a cross between God Of War and Zelda and it's a brilliant game. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who has'nt played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So installing this now :o

2 months maybe after starting this thread :D

Got it for 15 in hmv so I'll have a go at it over the weekend
    Also I noticed they were also selling it second hand for 20 but who am I to question there marketing techniques

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gaining rapidly on Red Dead for my game of the year!

Loving this game puzzles are fairly easy but the combat varies from quite easy so easy your tagging guys and picking yourlanding spot to knock the **** out of the next guy to practically being a sniper and going in for one hit then running away and going back.

Very good game enjoying it a lot but its not a Zelda style game more like an americanised DMC with less complex fighting moves.

Just finished is there last week,found the puzzles really frustrating at times(mostly because there was a really simple answer to them),the story was ok,run of the mill stuff altough the ending
    With the other horseman,kinda reminded me of transformers
    ,that was kool.

And whats up with the guy in the top hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I still have this in my backlog. But with LBP 2 and Mass Effect 2 next week I doubt I'll get around to it any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

Started playing this last nite. Its ok not that impressed so far. its like a darker version of zelda. im just after freeing samiel from the dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Samael is voiced by Vernon Wells.

VERNON. ****ING. WELLS.

That alone is reason enough to give it a few GOTY accolades

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I have heard that they are thinking of running the sequel in the same timeline but feature one of the other horsemen rather than continuing War's story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Griffin87 wrote: »
    Started playing this last nite. Its ok not that impressed so far. its like a darker version of zelda. im just after freeing samiel from the dungeon.

Stick with it, as you unlock powers etc it really picks up.

Advertisement