Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders any use?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Samael is voiced by Vernon Wells.

VERNON. ****ING. WELLS.

That alone is reason enough to give it a few GOTY accolades

Not to mention Mark Hamill (The Joker) as the Watcher and Phil LaMarr (Samuria Jack) as Vulgrim.

Anyone else think that Samael looks like Tim Curry in Legend?:
    Samael2--article_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

i thought i reconized some of the voices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

been wanting to play this one since it came out but have had a backlog for ages. It arrived in the post the other day and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into once I clear a few more games out from under me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just finished it last week. Im looking forward to the sequel now.

Yea this game is begining to grow on me. something different from the FPS and RPG's i usually play.

• Advertisement

Ive unlocked a few more abilities and and am kicking ass right now great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Its so weird for a game nowadays not to have QTEs whenever you go for the killshot on a boss. Its just so awesome that you get to sit back in Darksiders and watch War cut out hearts or decapitate without looking out for stupid buttons popping up on screen the whole time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Just started playing this, and holy Christmas it's good. It really kicks in when you get to the first dungeon area. Complete Zelda goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Played it last year, game is great and some of the dialogue is just epic (with the end scene being the highlight, here's a link to the end for anyone who hasn't seen it, spoilers in the video naturally.

Heard some talk of a movie, someone's preferred actor for War was Bruce Willis - I can see him being absolutely perfect for it!

Im after beating Tiamat. BUt foolishly went back in to the twilight cathedral as i though id missed some chestl. bloody got lost in the place its difficult to find the way out one you drop down to the catacombs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Griffin87 wrote: »
    Im after beating Tiamat. BUt foolishly went back in to the twilight cathedral as i though id missed some chestl. bloody got lost in the place its difficult to find the way out one you drop down to the catacombs.

Yeah same here, there's 1 or 2 chests around there and that place drove me nuts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Griffin87 wrote: »

I think you can get stuck down there without a way out...

I remember going down after that platform raises you out of the dungeon to outside. Once the platform is up there's no way out!! Pretty sure anyway all though it's been a while since I played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tiamat isn't very nice is she? Having a tough time with her at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Tiamat isn't very nice is she? Having a tough time with her at the moment.

I thought she was the toughest boss. The following ones seemed a lot easier once you figured out their attack patterns.

It's not the boss you want to face in a bad mood. I'm leaving it until tomorrow due to the gaming tourettes it brought out in me.

Finally beat that no good Tiamat, took quite a few tries but very satisfying. High fives all round after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I thought she was the toughest boss. The following ones seemed a lot easier once you figured out their attack patterns.

Nah, Silitha was by far the hardest imo... Especially since it insisted on dumping me back at the checkpoint with half health even though I'd had full health when I passed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah i remember playing this when it first came out, was really excited by it and bought it on release. What a game, loved every minute of it! The voice acting in it is great, and the set pieces are fantastic, and as most of ye will probably know by now, one of the best endings to a game in a long long time.

Must get it back off the brother and play it again, but i've Mass Effect 2 coming to me next week delivered for €8!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The PC version is junk. Any developer who can't even put in basic customisation options, let alone actually have it work with Kbd/mouse as it's supposed to as opposed to constantly detecting non-existent gamepads and spinning in circles needs to have said console's toy gamepad shoved up their collective asses. Morons, idiots, retards. Thank god it was just a waste of $10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't even imagine playing it with a mouse and keyboard to be honest. Certain games are just better with a joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Finally beat that no good Tiamat, took quite a few tries but very satisfying. High fives all round after that.

A bit late, but this might be helpful for other players. I found Tiamat nigh on impossible until I upped the aim sensitivity on the boomerang thing. After that, she was a cakewalk.

Got around to starting to this the other day. Just on the 2nd dungeon and should be about ready to fight Griever. Good game, some good puzzles. I like that there are extended periods of solving puzzles without any enemies. enjoying it alot. Bit of an overlooked gem alright

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I finally got past the bit that I was stuck on for months over the weekend. I got up to Tiamat and she kicked my ass but good! I gave it a good few tries but as I'd done loads that day, decided to give it a break. I shall rest and strategise and plan my assault on her another time! *shakes fist*

I find with this game. When it's gone well, it's awesome! But when you're stuck, it's really tough!

The area after that is a big step back, it's just not very good. So I'm on an extended break from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've had Darksiders in my backlog for nearly a year now. I was looking for a new game to play recently and thought I'd try this.

Is there more to the combat than just button mashing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've had Darksiders in my backlog for nearly a year now. I was looking for a new game to play recently and thought I'd try this.

Is there more to the combat than just button mashing?

Yes. It's got some great puzzles, and a good story. Combat is also quite good. It's basically Zelda with a darker storyline.

It does seem like a button masher alright and pretty mush is but as you buy more combos the fighting get's a little bit more in depth but not a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah i remember playing this when it first came out, was really excited by it and bought it on release. What a game, loved every minute of it! The voice acting in it is great, and the set pieces are fantastic, and as most of ye will probably know by now, one of the best endings to a game in a long long time.

Must get it back off the brother and play it again, but i've Mass Effect 2 coming to me next week delivered for €8!

You know what? I will start it again. I remember taking brand new one for 5eu ages ago. As I am now back to xbox crack I'll give it a go again.

I enjoyed quite a bit of it. Even if reviews weren't best of it... But I guess moust of zelda fanbots were upset that it took zelda approach and actually made a great job of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Picked this up yesterday in Xtravision for a tenner. Just getting into it now and it is a lot of fun.

Advertisement