Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darksiders any use?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've gone back and started playing Darksiders over the last week or so. It is surprisingly good. I've enjoyed the combat and the overall look of the world. The story isn't great but everything else makes up for it.

It seems like a very long game. I'm about 10 hours in and I've just been reunited with Ruin.

I have come across one big issue though. I've noticed when I quit the game back out to the XMB (playing on PS3) the system restarts. I think it just happens if I save just before I quit but it shouldn't happen at all. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I have this in my collection and have played a couple hours of it, must get into it again, its a cracker of a game

I'm making my way through
    The Black Throne
    dungeon at the moment and I'm finding it a real slog. I pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game as I'm 15 hours in and have most of my equipment slots filled.

I've really been enjoying the game up to this point but this one dungeon is overstaying its welcome.

Well I just finished Darksiders. Excellent game overall. Very glad I dusted it off from my pile of shame.

I had no idea what was going on in the story by the end. The end cinematic was very confusing. I'll have to head to Wikipedia to figure it out. Although the very end shot was really cool. Hope they do a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hope they do a sequel.

There's one planned for next year iir , let's just hope they don't ruin it by tacking on multiplayer or something :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    There's one planned for next year iir , let's just hope they don't ruin it by tacking on multiplayer or something :(

I think it could be further out than that because the studio is making a Warhammer MMO I think right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just about to fight Straga in this now so coming close enough to the end I think. Really got sucked back into it again after being dragged away by Dead Space 2 and Fight Night.

It's an amazing game. Hard to believe I've overlooked it for this long now. Still regardless of how old it is I'm loving every minute of it now. I've sunk nearly 18 hours in and have a few more to go for sure. Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

With lack of money last week I found mysled replaying this game. And it's just as good the second time around!!

Very happy that they're doing a sequel, and I hope the high standard continues, because Darksiders is one of the most solid and enjoyable games I've played in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got to that gauntlet event with hammer guy. Freaking horrible! Save spots are pain in a hole...

I found it really punishing... You can have a good fight for 5 mins and then you slip and let go one blow which takes away 1 full line of health...

Good game, but I guess I am getting old for this ****.

Somehow every single game is pissing me off today lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Near the end of this, enjoyed it so far but god im in an area now with puzzle after puzzle after puzzle , it really killed the pace and fun. I thought i had portal in for a while. Was hoping to finish it tonight but i feel like smashing my controller off the wall with these puzzles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,637 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this arrived in the post this morning, so looking forward to playing it this weekend, unless the PSN comes back on :) .

heard its abit like zelda, puzzle wise, so hope i enjoy it !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,637 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

played for a few hours over the weekend. just about to enter the first dungeon i think (am as far as the flying section)

really enjoying it. even with the psn back up i can see myself putting in an hour or so a few evenings a week. for the price (14.99 off play) its well worth getting

Advertisement