Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Compact Flash Card Reader

• 22-09-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good fast card reader for compact flash cards. I've gone through a few cheap ones over the past few months as the pins keep breaking and i need to invest in a new one.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

akaspike wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good fast card reader for compact flash cards. I've gone through a few cheap ones over the past few months as the pins keep breaking and i need to invest in a new one.

Thanks

i use one of these
    http://sandisk.ie/products/readers-accessories/sandisk-extreme-firewire-reader

it's blazing fast at transferring huge files

and i bought mine in calumet in Belfast or you can probably get one at John Gunn Camera shop on Wexford street, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

Thanks Dot Org, It's seems a bit pricey though. I was thinking around the E50 mark. But i'll keep an eye out and put some money aside in the mean time if nothing else comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

i've been using this one for about 3 years and it has never failed me. Not super fast, but not deadly slow either. Definitely reliable, as i have dropped it about 100 times too and it still works!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I picked up a €10 one in Tesco's one time when I needed it in a hurry. It seems fast enough for my needs and is still going strong.

Have wondered if a more expensive reader is faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

CabanSail wrote: »
    I picked up a €10 one in Tesco's one time when I needed it in a hurry. It seems fast enough for my needs and is still going strong.

Have wondered if a more expensive reader is faster.

Surely the transfer speeds are mainly down to the card and not the reader?:confused:

I'm using a reader that I got off dealxtreme for a few euro. I've also got one built in to my monitor and PC's.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Calumet own brand cf reader, fastest I have. Tried some others but they dont transfer as fast

Advertisement