Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Wildfire

• 22-09-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone used one of these phones? What do they reckon?

The reviews seem positive....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Yup, there is one in my household.
    Very nice device. Everything that runs on it is slick, and battery life is good.
    Downsides are app compatibility with the low resolution screen and possibly size. It's about a cm shorter than the desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Gf has one and she loves it. The resolution is noticeably less than on the Desire but still a nice looking screen on it. It's a nice size too, just slightly smaller than the Desire. The battery life seems to be better than the Desire too (but that may also be due to the amount of stuff I do/run on my Desire). For a budget smart phone I don't think you can go wrong with it.

I do find it annoying though how people sometimes compare it to the iPhone 4. It's not competing with the iPhone, that's the Desire's job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Bacchus wrote: »
    I do find it annoying though how people sometimes compare it to the iPhone 4. It's not competing with the iPhone, that's the Desire's job :)

Arguably it does a lot of what the ip4 does (and more in some regards) at a much reduced cost.

Granted the screen is in no way comparable. I don't think anyone can deny the ip4 that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

yeah its a good little budget phone. though i would rather put it off at least for a few months or so and get a desire. the resolution is just not good enough for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

have one. batt last 2-3 days.

annoying factor is the app compatibilty.

other than that its grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement