Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

type of degree achieved

• 22-09-2010 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi lads just wondering now that im in 4th year as to the type of degree i may achieve. in first year i got 55% avg 2nd year 63 and 3rd 63% so this is a merit grade 1 for my academic standing at the moment. To achieve a 1:1 i need 70% avg im just wondering if i need to just get 70% avg just for 4th year or would i need e.g 77% to compensate for the 63% i got in 3rd year. i hope that makes some sort of sense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I remember being told back in first year by course director (engineering dept) that only 4th year grades were accounted for. Best double check with your department though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭ng1

The award is usually determined by the overall mark - this is calculated as the average of marks in all modules in all 60 credits in the award stage.

Check with the Course Coordinator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭ng1

The award is usually determined by the overall mark - this is calculated as the average of marks in all modules (in all 60 credits) in the award stage.

Check with the Course Coordinator to confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

In my course (mutimedia) the only grades that count towards your degree are the ones from the final year! Your final score is the avaerage of the modules that make up your final 60 credits

Advertisement