Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front suspension creaking

• 22-09-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi
    I just got a mountain bike bike for free recently with a rock shoxx jett front suspension fork. I think this thing is ancient just looking at info on the web for it but it'd be a shame to dump it.. the problem is it badly needs an oil...

Is it costly to get these serviced? I don't fancy having a go at it myself (have never done it before), but then looking at rigid forks a lot of them are almost the same price as ones with suspension...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

From what i remember of RS forks of old the jett was an elastomer fork, no ammount of oil will make it stop squeaking!

Weather plays havoc with them too (temp changes cause change in rate of compression of the elastomer) I'd just ride it for a bit and if it gets much worse swap them out for a set of cheapo modern RS forks.

Man Jetts they must be what...9 years old now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

thanks
    If I was to get a cheapo set of front forks (which would be fine) - are they hard to maintain? Do you have to bring them to a shop to be greased?
    Man Jetts they must be what...9 years old now?
    yep it's really old but I just need it for running down to the shop

Advertisement