Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Advice

Options
  • 22-09-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice!

I'm recently married and me and the other half are trying to organise our finances. We plan to pool our bank accounts for convienience. I'm currently with BOI and herself is with PTSB. The plan is to close the PTSB accounts and move everything to BOI. The problem is that I recently transferred my accounts to BOI when Halifax closed down and with herself closing down her accounts to move to BOI we both will not have a long banking history with BOI when it comes to applying for a mortgage.

Would we be better off staying as we are for the moment (banking with BOI & TSB separatly) or does it make any difference. We are about 6 months away from having a deposit so I just want to make sure that we do the right thing now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

It won't really make a difference, as you will be asked to provide six months statements from your previous bank to support a mortgage application.

Advertisement