Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping around for a garden shed....HELP!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Tulipout wrote: »
    Didn't treat it myself but it was already varnished. The problem I had was that the shed was only varnished on the outer visible timber and when I was moving the shed, I noticed that the base underneath was just bare non treated wood.

If I was to buy a shed again, I would make sure it was propperly treated wood like whats used on decking and not just a coat of varnish.

Good luck with your purchase.
    Another thing ... I would always Ronseal a shed shortly after installation and every year after (regardless of whether it is pressure treated or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

nicnac wrote: »
    I have found what I am looking for in several places.

Please enlighten!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I too would be very curious to know what shed and from whom you purchased for < € 290.00 (incl delivery + installation) and what was lead time from order to installation.

GardenSheds4Less.ie do a 5 ft by 3 ft for 289 including delivery and installation. This is what I have ordered. There is a three week lead time (apparently).
    Also, 9 euro above budget at 299 is the following, which also includes delivery and installation. http://www.adverts.ie/sheds-storage/6ft-x-4ft-budget-shed/2078874

There is also a crowd in Galway who deliver to Dublin once every couple of weeks and similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

I'm ordering a 10x6 barrel board shed this week, looks like it'll be from timbertrove, I see a few of you got sheds from there over the years. Are they still standing? Have you been treating them every year?

• Advertisement

Don't touch GardenSheds4Less.ie - they took so long to act on my order that I had to cancel, losing the deposit. They didn't return calls etc once they got the deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

nicnac wrote: »
    Don't touch GardenSheds4Less.ie - they took so long to act on my order that I had to cancel, losing the deposit. They didn't return calls etc once they got the deposit

Ha! The b@stards.
    Thanks, I'll avoid so.
    Think it'll be timbertrove, they seem to be the best, & not much more expensive than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hopefully not a zombie thread.
    I am after placing an online order today to give gardensheds4less.ie a chance after someone recommended them to me.
    I will post here the result so others may find it beneficial in future

I posted a reply twice to this thread via the mobile app and both times it has been deleted.
    Third time lucky via the desktop. @irishproduce, best of luck with your gardensheds4less.ie purchase. I had no luck with them. It seemed to me that they zoned out after receipt of the deposit. Come to think of it, I should really have done a charge back on it at the time.

Still waiting.
    They have assured me tomorrow is my day. I paid for it via paypal on 10th...
    I'll post back with update

• Advertisement

Got my shed a week ago today anyway.
    Shed is very nice, looks good and solid.
    Was up in less than 2 hours i'd say. Pity about the delay in getting it but 3.5 weeks wasn't too bad in the scheme of things

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I bought a shed last year from garden sheds for less - found them very good. Time will tell if the shed lasts but it seems very solid. One tip - mine wasn't ventilated and I found it very damp for the first few weeks. I cut two holes (maybe 15cm*7cm) and screwed ventilation grilles over them and its bone dry now.

Advertisement