Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Hardwareversand & dispatch times?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought some components for a new pc build from HWVS 2 weeks ago. They received payment within 24 hours (as logged on their site). Since then, they have been waiting on a single item (from maybe 10 - 12 items). The item delaying the order looked in stock when I purchased (it's a Corsair PSU), but looking at the product page several times in the last 2 weeks, it goes through cycles of Delivery expected on such a date, then Delivery delayed. This has happened at least 4 times. I've contacted HWVS but they just tell me they will not dispatch items until the PSU arrives (and in their finest German!). No offer to at least refund me the PSU (I asked, not sure if they understood!) and ship the rest immediately

It's my first purchase from HWVS so I don't know where I stand!
    It's probably not helping that I used the 'notice' feature to monitor price changes before purchasing. Since purchase, the total has gone down ~€35.

Just wondering what's the general consensus out there?

Has anyone else encountered difficulty communicating with them?

How about RMA's etc?

Cheers,
    Tvmaniac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TVMANIAC2

Now the PSU is gone back to "No information. A delivery time of more than 1 week is possible." Now there's a €40 difference since 2 weeks ago. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TVMANIAC2 wrote: »
    Just wondering what's the general consensus out there?
    Have used Hardwareversand twice, spending around €200 the first time and €800 the second time.
    Has anyone else encountered difficulty communicating with them?
    Never had to. Friend had to, but got a german speaker to help :D
    How about RMA's etc?
    Pretty sure it was smooth enough, but I'm unsure if he dealth with Hardwareversand or the PSU's manufacture at the time.

=-=

By the way, how many were in stock when you bought everything? And when you say that they had "received payment within 24 hours", I assume you paid with the express option?

the_syco wrote: »
    Have used Hardwareversand twice, spending around €200 the first time and €800 the second time.

Never had to. Friend had to, but got a german speaker to help :D

Pretty sure it was smooth enough, but I'm unsure if he dealth with Hardwareversand or the PSU's manufacture at the time.

=-=

By the way, how many were in stock when you bought everything? And when you say that they had "received payment within 24 hours", I assume you paid with the express option?

Cheers Syco,

I think there were two things out of stock when I bought everything - the Gigabyte UD3R motherboard, and the PSU. The expected date of dispatch for the popular UD3R was a few days after the date given for the PSU. So I said I'd chance buying the PSU from HWVS rather than OC.UK, who had it in stock at the time.

At the end of the day, if I had a dispatch time that was remotely accurate, I'd be much happier. Instead the replies just say it's expected to be in stock on such a date, before falling through on that date. I get the same info online just by viewing the product! Email responses can take up to a week for me.

Paid by online bank transfer.

Anyone else got any opinions on HWVS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bought a PC for 1100euro. All seperate components. Everything built and delivered 7 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

ive bought a few grands worth off them over the years. they are very efficient and reliable. its important to be sure they have the green bars icon beside the item you are ordering showing a good quantity of the item in stock otherwise u may have delays. if u order somethign with yellow bars on a weekend they may not have it and avoid stock items with 1 item in stock.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just me that's having problems with them so :eek:

An updated stock details for the item now says "ready for dispatch from 2010-09-28", and the vicious cycle continues! I still maintain there should be some way to cancel the item, and get a refund. I don't think it's too much to ask for to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Maybe it's just me that's having problems with them so :eek:

An updated stock details for the item now says "ready for dispatch from 2010-09-28", and the vicious cycle continues! I still maintain there should be some way to cancel the item, and get a refund. I don't think it's too much to ask for to be honest!

Stock levels fluctuate greatly in the e-tail world. Sometimes there could be 4 in stock, but when someone goes to grab it from the warehouse there are none available. This is usually because the person who has been picking them has not been updating the stock correctly. Or even the vendor has sent less then was ordered. Actually, it could be one of about 52,000 issues.(Over exaggerated i know ;) )

Same kind of goes for restocking. Don't ever think an etailer will bring in just one to complete your order. They often wait to see which of their multiple vendors have stock in large numbers so they can get a nice discount for buying a large amount. It's often normal for no stock to be available for quite a while due to another company snatching up all the stock from the vendor.

I've ordered from HWVS once, and they were not as typically efficient as ze germans usually are. Thankfully ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch! So i was able (somewhat) to communicate with them. Over all though, a good company with some stupidly low prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've ordered from the numerous times and never had any problems. I have always ordered stuff that is in stock though. It would be nice if they could be flexible and just send you the rest of the order minus the PSU

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Used them a few times, generally bulk an order with friends to spread the P+P charge, I NEVER get anything that does not have multiple green bars on the stock levels, generally gets delivered to the house within a week.
    They do employ English speakers so just keep phoning back until you get talking to one of them and explain where you're coming from.

Their prices are generally excellent.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Never had any problems

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to try and charm them with an email or two, make it stand out, try a bit of translated german, tell them how much you love germany, anything that will get you a hold of someone who will go out of their way to handle your order or give you better info

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Never had any problems

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to try and charm them with an email or two, make it stand out, try a bit of translated german, tell them how much you love germany, anything that will get you a hold of someone who will go out of their way to handle your order or give you better info

Cheers for the advice. :D
    Any email I sent them so far has two headings - English version, followed by my message, then German version, followed by whatever Google translate is coming up with. I thought it might speed things up. Didn't know they had english speakers either!

Update: Just rang them on the German number on their site - got through after 4 minutes. Person on the other side only spoke German. Not much good to me. :eek: The only words I understood was 'ze email'!
    Only costs 17c/min too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

1. Learn German.
    2. Learn email.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Solitaire wrote: »
    1. Learn German.
    2. Learn email.

:pac:

3. ?????
    4. Profit

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Personally, i wouldn't try to charm them using a translator god knows what you will end up saying, it will only end in tears. Sure it might for for some basement B&M bondage and sex toys, but i doubt it will work for a hardware reseller. You could try sending pics of your wife or girlfriend though ;)

Thus the "learn German" step before "learn email" :p

Finally shipped, 18 days after I ordered ...

Wohooo!

Oh wait, what if I need to RMA something?! :eek: :p

Keep you German dictionary close to hand :pac:

Got everything bar the case and monitor last Friday.

I just noticed the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard comes with 4 x SATA 3Gb/s cables. Now, since this board had 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports, I decided to get SATA 6Gb/s drives (1 Corsair SSD, 1 WD 7200rpm).

Anyone know if the cables will work fine with these 6Gb/s drives when I put it together tomorrow?

If so, will the speed difference be noticeable on the lower grade cables?

Advice appreciated!

Cheers

I think the old cables can be used without much speed degradation. I think...

Solitaire wrote: »
    I think the old cables can be used without much speed degradation. I think...

Cheers Solitaire. It seems that's the case alright .... for 7200RPM drives, not so sure about the SSD!

Funny thing is HWVS don't seem to stock these!

I see overclockers have them http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-045-AK&groupid=701&catid=48&subcat=196 and komplett have something similar. I'd guess I'd have to pay like €35 in PCWorld ::eek:

Anyone know where to source? ... quick & reliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

Does anyone have any experience with ordering from HWVS as a VAT registered company in Ireland. I dropped them a mail asking them info. I got a ticket number, but nothing back in 2 days. :(

ViDuchie wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with ordering from HWVS as a VAT registered company in Ireland. I dropped them a mail asking them info. I got a ticket number, but nothing back in 2 days. :(

I didn't find HWVS to be good getting back to emails. I would say you can typically wait 4-5 days for a reply. It would be much quicker (and probably more inconvenient!) if you could get a German speaker to ring them on this.

On the bright side, all the components I needed for a new pc build, and purchased through HWVS seem to be working fine so far. Prices are far cheaper than here, though if you order something Awaiting Delivery or out of stock, you could be waiting a few weeks before dispatch

No clue on the VAT angle! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mez0n

If you send them your company details and vat number with the parts you want they'll send you a invoice with the VAT removed. But it takes them ages for some reason. Took them two weeks to reply with an invoice excluding vat. Had the parts bought elsewhere and delivered by the time they got back to me...

Advertisement