Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corruption charges over planning application

Options
  • 22-09-2010 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

RT&#201 wrote: »
    Michael Ryan, 58 and Fred Forsey Jnr, 41, are each facing six charges related to three alleged payments in 2006 concerning a planning application in Co Waterford.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0922/ryan_forsey.html

This is all rather interesting. I wonder if anyone else will be charged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

A woman I know very well has recently opened a new business in Tramore in an existing commercial premises. She got the shock of her life when she got a letter re her application for change of use, she was told she'd be granted the permission and that she was to pay €55,000+ "contribution". It was in both figures and words. How do they expect people to open new business and create employment?

Anyway after one phonecall from her local TD she only had to pay just over €3,500.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ohhh where to start on this topic in Waterford..

I'd be here all day if you I started telling half of stories I knew both from friends and experienced myself and I'd probably be banned from here too.. so I better not.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tom morris

did not think fred forsey was like that and hes a friend of john deasy yes the TD in tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

This is all part of a Garda investigation so lets see what comes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

tom morris wrote: »
    did not think fred forsey was like that and hes a friend of john deasy yes the TD in tramore

neither did john deasy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I heard a story lately of a contracter who put quite a few
    euro in an envelope to secure a contract!
    A third world culture in a third world environment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

It was only a few years ago we had someone arrested out in Tramore over irregular planning out in Ring. Something Liam Clancy fought against for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

It was only a few years ago we had someone arrested out in Tramore over irregular planning out in Ring. Something Liam Clancy fought against for years.

what has liam clancy have to do with this???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

what has liam clancy have to do with this???
    i think losthorizon is only using liam clancy as an example.

Advertisement