Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World according to Street Fighter

• 22-09-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

http://shoryuken.com/content/1874-world-map-according-street-fighter/comments7.html#comments

Yes this is old.
    Yes it misses Hakan.

Still good and getting a lot of comments on SRK. From people suggesting Irish characters, to people suggesting Turkish - Armenian wars.

So New characters from countries un(der)represented anyone?

Remember this is street fighter, racism is practically mandatory.

Before SFIV came out my requests were a scooter driving thai wide boy with gambling debts and an Irish character:
    His name has to be Blackie Connors
    He has to have a leather fedora,
    We he arrives on screen he has to try sell the other player a gate
    and his stage has to be a halting site with caravans, a fire and kids riding on pieball ponies and with mongrel dogs being held on blue rope as a leash.
    And with a lot of other knackers betting on it in the backround, and they have to get the accent right...

Greece have got to be due one too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

http://shoryuken.com/content/1874-world-map-according-street-fighter/comments7.html#comments

Yes this is old.
    Yes it misses Hakan.

Still good and getting a lot of comments on SRK. From people suggesting Irish characters, to people suggesting Turkish - Armenian wars.

So New characters from countries un(der)represented anyone?

Remember this is street fighter, racism is practically mandatory.

Before SFIV came out my requests were a scooter driving thai wide boy with gambling debts and an Irish character:
    His name has to be Blackie Connors
    He has to have a leather fedora,
    We he arrives on screen he has to try sell the other player a gate
    and his stage has to be a halting site with caravans, a fire and kids riding on pieball ponies and with mongrel dogs being held on blue rope as a leash.
    And with a lot of other knackers betting on it in the backround, and they have to get the accent right...

Greece have got to be due one too right?

I have a similar idea for an Irish SF character myself who is the king of the travelers and see himself as being better then the other fancy street fighters. He would wear a Fedora, wife beaters, bloodied tape around his arms and who is a misogynist and takes joy in beating up the female cast of the game ( His rival would either be Chun Li, Cammy or Juri. )

Complete with win quotes such as ' Now get back into the Kitchen! ' ' Where are my sandwiches!? ' ' Have you ever taken over a pub and smashed it to bits? Great fun! ' ' Strongest woman in the world? What a load of horse crap! ' ' DO NOT CALL ME A KNACKER! ' ' Jeasus! Even me wife would be able to beat ya! ' ( win quote against Dan. )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont think we need an irish character, whats he gonna do throw potatoes?
    also i dont think rufus is from usa, he is an alien cause no one that fat can be that fast and jump all around the gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Placebo wrote: »
    i dont think we need an irish character, whats he gonna do throw potatoes?
    also i dont think rufus is from usa, he is an alien cause no one that fat can be that fast and jump all around the gaff
    He's so large, he has his own gravitational field that partially nullifies the Earth's. Surely you weren't about to suggest that an element of Street Fighter made no logical sense?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Before this thread goes any further, I'd just like to point out the charter:

Racism
    - Topics/posts containing such will be edited/deleted accordingly.

I understand this a parody of SFs... lax approach to PC, but I'm going to have to enforce Boards rules on this if anyone says something they shouldn't. The above posts are pretty close to the wind already, travellers are people too (even though I realise this is self parody as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea...I got bored.

6772b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Awesome man! =D You should send that into EventHubs - they'd probably post it.

Jim wrote: »
    Yea...I got bored.

Um... it actually says "brought to you by games radar" on the poster man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Um... it actually says "brought to you by games radar" on the poster man. :D
    You're either being sarcastic or never checked the link.

ANYWAY

I just added the EX characters.

Yes, but the gamesradar original didn't have the EX characters on it. I may refuse to acknowledge their existence, but that's still good work, Jim!

Though Urien's still Mexican.

I don't know much about Ingrid, but the Street Fighter Wikia lists her as Malaysian.

barry PLEASE **** OFF

EX was never really street fighter, its a game some guy made at home cause he was bored.

I didn't know the dolls were German.

Apparently, Bison liked to name them after the months in their native languages. Juli's T. Hawk's flame but her parents were German.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dunjohn wrote:
    Juli's T. Hawk's flame but her parents were German.
    T.Hawk -- 7'7", 360lbs.
    Juli -- 5'4", 108lbs.

I'm now trying to imagine how he doesn't squash her when they "make love".

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Any more bad talk about the EX series and Im done with this community.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well, EX 3 is **** and 2+ has custom combos, but EX Plus Alpha is godlike.

ad9996e798c074444ebbc8825c567bd4.jpg

its terrible lads, come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

........but EX Plus Alpha is godlike.
    Just the barrel game, mind....

That black barrel was BADDAAASSSS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd actually forgotten how good the barrel mini-game was in that game.

Expert Training Mode would be copied by so many other games years later too:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Pfft Bison's not from Thailand everyone knows that. He only fights there in SF2.

Speaking of SF2 I really miss the old plane flying around the globe and the announcer saying which country it was. I wish they had never got rid of that for SF4 :(.

*whoosh*, Japaaaan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think it's really lame that Capcom:

(1) Has so many characters be "Unknown" country of origin. I think it would add a lot more character to have them be from a country, even if it was a random inappropriate one (Like Seth being Irish).

(2) Removed the flags in Super. I feel bad for South Korea and Turkey. They had the chance to be REPRESENTED for the first time in Street Fighter. The only country flags I could 100% remember in school were probably the street fighter ones, just because of how often I played it. There's an entire generation of kids now who would only be able to pick those flags out if they were in the game.

Good stuff Jim btw

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

apparently bison is irish.....no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If they added an Irish guy it would end up being some fat tool wearing a gaa jersey in a nightclub looking to glass someone.

Still could be worse, could be a farmer.

I'd figure someone along the lines of Rolento, but not so rigidly militaristic. A lot of Irish action characters tend to be ex-IRA explosives experts.

Ken B wrote: »
    apparently bison is irish.....no joke.

That film is not canon.

Even if Capcom said it was I would just ignore on grounds of being sane.

Which film is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Which film is this?

You don't want to know.

If it's Legend of Chun Li, I didn't get past the title sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That film is not canon.

Even if Capcom said it was I would just ignore on grounds of being sane.

What are you talking about? It had Psycho Abortion long before Super came out.
    Clearly Legend is the new basis for the SF universe.

Sairus wrote: »
    What are you talking about? It had Psycho Abortion long before Super came out.
    Clearly Legend is the new basis for the SF universe.

Unfortunately, this is not far from the truth.

It's still better than the KoF movie, which I saw recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's still better than the KoF movie, which I saw recently.

Come on now, at least it looks funny, ala the VCVD SF.