Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overage drinking

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Isnt it time the government and the gardai decided to tackle overage drinking.

Look at the problems it causes, people who should know better end up making complete aras's of themselves on the radio, judges think they can safely drive down the wrong side of the motorway, ministers attacking gardai, big spending developers thinking they can make it with supermodels, doctors whip out any body part they see two of, huge government and financial boardroom decisions are made under a heady haze of hennessy.

Send a couple of overcover ministers or bankers in to a pub and prosecute the hell out of the publicans if they serve them alcohol. A brief spell of sobriety might aid the stark realisation of the godawful state they have left our country in.

Leave drinking to those that have no responsibilites, don't drive, dont hold sway over peoples lives, make no important decisions, that can be tucked up soundly in their cots after a feed of pints.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Razor sharp wit right here, everyone take note.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

wil wrote: »
    Leave drinking to those that have no responsibilites, don't drive, dont hold sway over peoples lives, make no important decisions, that can be tucked up soundly in their cots after a feed of pints.

This reminds me of me... thanks for your endorsement!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It seems the title is misleading - I've investigated the content and it turns out to be another anti-goverment thread - With a Pro-dole agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Dey tuk r drink !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It seems the title is misleading - I've investigated the content and it turns out to be another anti-goverment thread - With a Pro-dole agenda

And that makes all the difference! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

I thought this was going to be a joke, about OAP's and such. I'm disappointed. Greatly disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

lisaface wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a joke, about OAP's and such. I'm disappointed. Greatly disappointed :(
    So did I, so did I. A disappointment shared is a disappoi.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

For all these years I've had to drink down backlanes and in parks because I'm only a teen.

I never attacked a Garda, I never caused a problem, never gotten in bar fights. And people say I'm the ****ing problem :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Arthurs day is a load of me bollix.

I cant go for me Thursday scoops tomorrow without some bollix squealing to Martha in me ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

RMD wrote: »
    For all these years I've had to drink down backlanes and in parks because I'm only a teen.

I never attacked a Garda, I never caused a problem, never gotten in bar fights. And people say I'm the ****ing problem :pac:

Shut up & get back in your alleyway. :p

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    Arthurs day is a load of me bollix.

I cant go for me Thursday scoops tomorrow without some bollix squealing to Martha in me ear

Don't forget the Llama's!! ;)

So did I, so did I. A disappointment shared is a disappoi.:D

It took me a while , to get what you were going on about - Now I'm full of the lulz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

lisaface wrote: »
    Don't forget the Llama's!! ;)

And martians at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

But how will we manage to implicate the pope in all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

But how will we manage to implicate the pope in all this?

I believe this part was about the Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

So you reckon it's O.K. for the blue collar brigade to come home buckled and abuse their spouses, spend more than they should on drink and leave their children short, apart from the damage they are doing to their health.
    One law for one, same law for all, I say.
    And you don't have to have a high profile job to be capable of injuring or killing someone.

I believe this part was about the Pope.
    and the rest :D:rolleyes:
    bed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Look at the problems it causes, people who should know better end up making complete aras's of themselves on the radio, judges think they can safely drive down the wrong side of the motorway, ministers attacking gardai, big spending developers thinking they can make it with supermodels, doctors whip out any body part they see two of, huge government and financial boardroom decisions are made under a heady haze of hennessy.

Send a couple of overcover ministers or bankers in to a pub and prosecute the hell out of the publicans if they serve them alcohol. A brief spell of sobriety might aid the stark realisation of the godawful state they have left our country in.

B/S called as OP has no idea how one little action has 99 re-preauctions regardless how big/small.

it could be a matter of big mac or cheese on toast.... or gettin your bit in copper or not.

honestly, drink if you wanna just dont drive - that drives me up the wall.

Pdfile wrote: »
    B/S called as OP has no idea how one little action has 99 re-preauctions regardless how big/small.

it could be a matter of big mac or cheese on toast.... or gettin your bit in copper or not.

honestly, drink if you wanna just dont drive - that drives me up the wall.
    I sincerely hope you are not driving right now, "preauction"ed or not.
    Pull over, pull over quickly :eek:

Advertisement