Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got new Tom Tom - how can I integrate US maps?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I just bought a new Tom Tom XL2 with European Maps and would like to add US maps to it (as I am travelling to the US soon) - would you know how can I do it?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does the XL2 have a memeory card slot?
    If so pop in a card, connect ot TomTom home purchase the map & install to memory card. When you dtart the device select settings> selcet map>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

koolkid wrote: »
    Does the XL2 have a memeory card slot?
    If so pop in a card, connect ot TomTom home purchase the map & install to memory card. When you dtart the device select settings> selcet map>

Hi! I contacted TomTom support and they told me that XL2 does not have a memory card unfortunately :(
    So they advised me to save the European maps in my computer, buy USA maps here: http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select.php?D=361&M=728 and then upload USA maps. When I come back to Ireland do the same the other way around....

Advertisement