Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs day discussion mega merge thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'd let them have their makey-uppy marketing day last year, but repeating it is taking the piss.

I'm boycotting their drink tomorrow and drinking Murphy's instead, to pay them back for pissing me off.

Plus Murphy's is a lot nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER

To MARKETING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

To MARKETING!!

To MONEY GRABBING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

TO GULLIBLE FECKING EEJITS!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

251 years eh?

So that's one year for every thread there's been about Arthurs Day in the past week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mr.S wrote: »
    Cheap Guinness. Cheap gigs.

Who cares, really?

I'm hoping one or two will be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

To MARKETING!!

This and only this. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The-Rigger wrote: »
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Bo5Hm8SHCGc/Sfuytw4aZQI/AAAAAAAAAOI/yFyX4uDe1oo/s400/chocobot.png

The drones who support this nonsense should be put down.
    I might commit a massacre on this date each year if this nonsense continues.

P.S: Guinness is muck

your wrong there trigger, but i agree with the rest of your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Altough im a guinness drinker and theres nothing nicer than a nice pint , this is the disgusting side of capatilism they have turned guinness into nothing but a brand , long gone are the cool ads for guinness down the years

P.S: Guinness is muck

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

have to agree on the marketing though, their just trying to milk it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Altough im a guinness drinker and theres nothing nicer than a nice pint , this is the disgusting side of capatilism they have turned guinness into nothing but a brand , long gone are the cool ads for guinness down the years

So, you don't like how Guinness market themselves as a brand........... but then say you miss the "cool ads".

Do you need me to explain this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The drones who support this nonsense should be put down.
    I might commit a massacre on this date each year if this nonsense continues.

Bring it on bitch :mad: :p

Personally I think its great. I know its marketing BS, but fook it I'm all for enjoying myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

It's an excuse to have a decent piss-up, what's not to like. If you don't like it sit on boards tomorrow instead of going out, nobody is going to hold a gun to your head at 17:59 until you have a scoop.

It is good marketing, but what is wrong with that? if something is good marketing do you automatically think that you are being made a fool of and must not conform?

They have some great bands playing on the cheap tomorrow 10euro to see 3-4 bands, i would have loved to get tickets for one of the big venues.

I had a great laugh with mates on the day last year, and hope to again this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I don't think they do Arthurs Day here. Haven't seen anything about it anyway.

I don't think they do Arthurs Day here. Haven't seen anything about it anyway.

have seen one or two posters about but i dont think they are making as big a deal about it this year, think its more hype than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

irish-stew wrote: »
    have seen one or two posters about but i dont think they are making as big a deal about it this year, think its more hype than anything else.

I missed it completely last year aswell. I must get out more.

I missed it completely last year aswell. I must get out more.

i got a few free pints in the local, that was about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Heard it's cheaper than usual for the day in most places..around the €2/2.50 mark. Anyone know anywhere in Dublin city (Templebar) that's doing this during the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Just don't go out, don't support it. In fact call down to your local offie or Tesco and pick up an O'Hara's Stout or something similar. See what real stout tastes like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Oxegen, Electric Picnic etc are all heavily marketed events where people have fun. So is Arthur's Day. Get over it!

If anything it seemed like it was better organised, better enjoyed and more responsibly handled by the Irish public than Paddy's Day ever is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

OMG loike I'm so better than this morketing, I'm loike really deep and only celebrate the winter solstice...

WTF!!!!

To lamas!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd let them have their makey-uppy marketing day last year, but repeating it is taking the piss.

I'm boycotting their drink tomorrow and drinking Murphy's instead, to pay them back for pissing me off.

Plus Murphy's is a lot nicer.

You should try and get to Galway. One pub is doing a 'Anti-Arthurs Day'- No Guinness being sold. Murphys, Beamish and Galway Hooker @3euro a pint. Have to admit though Diagio are giving cheap music and the proceeds are going to some sort of charity. As long as they dont up the ante every year (except by 1c a pint) I dont really have a problem with it. Would love to know who came up with the idea though. I bet Enda Kenny is on his/her trail already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

@ 0:19 seconds

To the Chinese...
    A great bunch of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

To Sparta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Good news is that tomorrow we will be done with this crap for another year.

"TO MASTURBATORS !"

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

CHEWBACCA!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

How many threads now have we had over this one fcuking drink!
    Gods sake, enough already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Guinness is horrible ****.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Guinness is horrible ****.
    ...And its not even Irish any more!
    Its owned by an English based multinational conglomerate!

Advertisement