Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs day discussion mega merge thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

johnn wrote: »
    lol yeah its exactly like that.

Well done on a truely moronic response.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

lol yeah its exactly like that.

sure its just a bit o craic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

This from the man who compared the Marketing of Arthurs day to anti-aging cream

I'm pretty sure they actually are the same guys

This from the man who compared the Marketing of Arthurs day to anti-aging cream

I was talking about marketing in general. If you manage to rub two braincells together maybe you will grasp the meaning behind my post.

I was talking about marketing in general. If you manage to rub two braincells together maybe you will grasp the meaning behind my post.

man im still trying to grasp what was going through your mind sitting at the computer when you dreamed up that analogy, did it come to you on the spot?

the marketing behind anti-aging cream etc. surely is based on insecurities/vanity how is that marketing ploy similar to this?

• Advertisement

man im still trying to grasp what was going through your mind sitting at the computer when you dreamed up that analogy, did it come to you on the spot?

the marketing behind anti-aging cream etc. surely is based on insecurities/vanity how is that marketing ploy similar to this?

Read the post slowly out loud, you will figure it out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I wouldn't read it out loud johnn - you'll sound like a grumpy old man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Unreal night last night. haha

ah the whole giving out about Arthur's day thing annoys me in general, had a great night, long may it continue

Yes, someone with a different opinion is obviously just grumpy.

• Advertisement

Yes, someone with a different opinion is obviously just grumpy.

its nothing to do with your opinion, im sure its the "read it slowly" remarks to me that make you appear grumpy, wonder do you carry on like that in real life to people

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well you can either cut out the personal abuse and post without insulting people or I can just go ahead and remove your access.
    Your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

o1s1n wrote: »
    Likewise 'genius', me celebrating my birthday and the whole country celebrating a dead man's birthday (whole country being a nation, which leads to my use of the word 'national') on the back of a marketing campaign by Diageo are not the same thing. It's a stupid comparison.

I was actually going out to the pub last night anyway for a pint after work with a couple of mates. Couldn't find any empty seats in my local because of the amount of chumps out 'celebrating' this ****e. People really will buy into anything.

Why do you celebrate Christmas?
    Because the Christian Churches tell you?

Celebrate the "birthday" of a man who may or may not have existed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Lads lets leave it at that and get back to topic. Drop me a pm if you need clarification.

B-B-B-B-But Coca-Cola tolds me celebrate it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I went over after work and got two free pints in my local.. was going to go on the piss with a few mates, down "the town" but i decided to stay home, eat chinese and have sex with the girlfriend.

We didn't have sex because i fell asleep after the chinese. I'm disappointed i didn't go out now.

I'd say the nations sewers run black today

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I went to Haydens in Naas. I was expecting the pints to be 2.50 but they were the usual 4.00. I did get a free pint though along with a few friends, so that was good. The pints there were better than usual also, probably due to the amount of Guinness being poured. The local GAA club had pints for 2.50 all night. And I got a free one there too i think! Although I was so locked at that stage I can't really remember!

Not a bad day, there was a good athmosphere. And if it gets a few more tourists coming here I'm all for it.

Jesus christ as a man did actually exist that part is fact and proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Jesus christ as a man did actually exist that part is fact and proven.

How do you know? Do you have his skeleton in your attic

No theres several documentation and carbon dating. Look it up i aint arguing. wether he isss who they say he is, thats another matter. anyways diff threads for this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Forgot to mention that at 4:56pm On Arthur's day, a local pub rang up for me to take some PR pictures ~ made €150 notes. Happy Dazzzzz! :)

No theres several documentation and carbon dating. Look it up i aint arguing. wether he isss who they say he is, thats another matter. anyways diff threads for this issue.

You didn't deny having the skeleton of Christ in your attic though TBF

ok i have the skeleton of the living Jesus christ of Jerusalem in my attic in galway. :) happy?
    sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

ah you've got the wrong guy, it's Jesus of Nazereth you want

ok i have the skeleton of the living Jesus christ of Jerusalem in my attic in galway. :) happy?
    sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

how did you get his skeleton while he's still living?

ooops! my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

sigh ...... i hate arthurs day really. I hate people that go on about it like its paddy's day (i also hate paddys day) I wonder if budwiser made a ITS BUD DAY add would every one go around like a retard expecting you to drink bud at 6pm because some ****ing add on the tv said so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lets raise a pint to Diageo Guinness, just another multinational mass producer of second rate stout. And they have the nerve to call it Arthurs Day, just so they can sell more booze, yeah good one that. :rolleyes:

If you want proper 'Irish' stout, try O'Hara's or Shandon Stout.

imagine the state of the town if there was a Jager day!

• Advertisement

ooops! my bad.

**** there's already a group of religious extremists on the way to your house

Sorry bro, cool story though

Advertisement