Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's metal muppet

Options
  • 23-09-2010 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭

I phoned Eircom on 1901 today with a query and the moronic metal muppet immediately informed me I still owed them money. This was a bit of a pita, as I really needed to speak to a real live human being and the MMM wouldn't let me pass GO until I uttered the magic phrase - which turned out to be 'fault report', not that it took any notice. It was only when the MMM couldn't make any sense of my response it passed me on to a rlhb.
    It occurred to me later that anyone using my phone to call 1901 would have been told how much I owed them, when the last payment was and what would be the minimum payment acceptable.
    Imagine I go into your house on legitimate business and ask to use your phone to call 1901 to query my own phone bill or report a fault on my own line. I'd be told all about your bill and how much you owe. This must surely be a breach of data confidentiality, and could be quite embarassing for some people.
    I think Eircom's dropped a bollock on this one.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Comments

Advertisement