Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of a odd situation i have...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, have you called the Gardaí yet, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

a-k-47 wrote: »
    Thats really a sad case if this woman has no family left to check up on her and theyre you are afraid of not getting envolved.

+10000000000, really f*cking ridiculous :mad:, excuse the french

Your spelling of 'involved' is interesting. Maybe you meant to write 'evolved'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hello932 wrote: »
    I dont know if i want to get involved to be honest. Its time like these i wish i had my own estate to live in.

What am i going to say to them- hi can you please check if my neighbor is still alive...there going to think im taking the piss ffs.

Im sure someone will visit her house soon i hope. Then ill know i guess.
    WTF! If I was in my flat with a broken hip from a fall I would very much like for some concerned neighbour to ring the guards to check up on me.

You have your answer a 1000 times over, ring the local Garda station.
    End of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

OP, Ring the Guards....

Back to reality..

I bet the OP is raiding her house and bagging all swag along with her pension book and is going at her will with a bottle of Tipex like a Junkie gettin a fix...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

She probably fell into her wheelie bin trying to get a cat out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

It's what the Gardai are there for. For your neighbours sake I hope you've rang the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Ring the bloody guards, it will do you no harm whatsoever, but could do so much good for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

I dont know if i want to get involved to be honest. Its time like these i wish i had my own estate to live in.

What am i going to say to them- hi can you please check if my neighbor is still alive...there going to think im taking the piss ffs.

Im sure someone will visit her house soon i hope. Then ill know i guess.

The Gardai get calls like this all the time - man, the woman might be lying dead on her living room floor. Call the Gardai.

derra_121 wrote: »
    Break in and Master Bate over her dead corpse :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have a look at yourself you odious cretin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Order her a pizza from Dominos. Those delivery guys don't give up. I've seen them kick front doors in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I hope this is a troll.

I hope this is a troll.

I sincerely hope so too - not everything in life is a joke. That somebody's first reaction is to think it's great gas to talk about robbin or masterbating over a dead body is actually frightening. I hope I never have neighbours like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

OMF FFS is OP for real? Ya twerp, knock on her door! If no answer call the cops now!
    I mean it doesnt matter if shes a busy body or a grumpy aul one, i'm sure if you were 97 and fell over and broke something and starved to death or just died in your chair you would hope SOMEONE would knock on your door if no sign of you after 2 WEEKS :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    If shes alive, sit with her for 10 mins an have a quick chat with her, no skin off your nose!

I mean like maybe her family are all dead or just dont like her so its up to you as a neighbour to check on her.

GO NOW!!!!!!

and keep us posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

E-e-excuse me young dears.... I h-h-haven't been able to log on in the last few weeks. I-I'm quite alright though my hips not what it used to be. I've been d-drinking hard whiskey and brandy and I've been rat arsed for the whole week. N-no need to worry any more. Oh and p-please don't call the gardaí my son Billy is coming to stay, he's a nice lad but he had a bit of trouble with them before. H-he could really make something of himself if t-t-they just give him a chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Break a window in the house and let your cat in. If you hear nyom nyom sounds from within, you should then ring the police.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I know it has been said previously but CALL THE GARDAI...

If you are still reading this stop reading it now and call the gardai

oi what the **** did i tell you! CALL THE GARDAI!!

also, it is very sad to think that she could be dead for two weeks and despite people noticing the mail building up does nothing. The post man should have copped on before now too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

The post man should have copped on before now too!

Maybe the postman did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mad Benny wrote: »
    Maybe the postman did it.

It was the butler!:rolleyes:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It was the butler!:rolleyes:

I bet shes in the bedroom, with the candle stick holder beside her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Just call the Gardaí. Although I am fairly sure you are a troll because a person with a brain would have done this last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Reading the OP's post history he doesn't seem anything like close to a troll which makes me sad. It could well be that the old lady was taken into hospital a while ago and nothing has been done about checking on her house or she could be dead. I doubt, at 97, she would still be alive after so long if she has fallen and hurt herself or is sick. :(

I can't believe he would put embarrassment or being thought a nuisance/joker by the guards before checking on the woman. Years ago we lived next door to a single man/batchelor and one night I kept hearing a knocking/scrabbling noise on the skirting board which didn't sounds like any mouse or rat I've ever heard.

There was no answer from his house so I rang the police and asked them to check on him. Apparently, he was away for the weekend. I still have nightmares that it was a girl he had stashed away there and that there is a stack of bodies under his floor (in those houses there was a 2'6" space between the floor boards and the foundation. My husband used to call him Fred West and that was before this incident.

Call the fecking gardai, OP! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

There's probably a pretty simple explanation, she could be in hospital already, she could have moved in or be staying with a relative, she could have been moved to a home and her family haven't got round to alerting the post office. Unless you live in a very close knit estate, chances are you wouldn't have heard if any of the above had happened. Have you talked to any of your other neighbours about her?

Call the guards OP, they are used to getting calls like this, they won't treat you like a crank call (unless you sound like a skanger :))

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How does the OP know shes 97?

faceman wrote: »

The Fugger has already got hold of her pension book...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hope this thread remians open so we can ..

a) Fine out how the old lady is and

b) Give the OP a good rollicking for keeping us in the bloody dark this long :mad:

I hope they don't live up to their username and instead of phoning 999, rang 932.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Hope this thread remians open so we can ..

a) Fine out how the old lady is and

b) Give the OP a good rollicking for keeping us in the bloody dark this long :mad:

I hope they don't live up to their username and instead of phoning 999, rang 932.

Phoning 999 will get you a dialtone. It's 112 now.

Confab wrote: »
    Phoning 999 will get you a dialtone. It's 112 now.

Damn you to hell Confab!! :mad:

"Emergency, which service would you like?"

"oh I eh, sorry .. I didn't think 999 worked anymore"

"Do you have an emergency?"

"No, no .. no I don't .. I'm sorry, I've made a mistake"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah god go and see if shes alright OP...97!! You'll be wracked with guilt if somethin did happen her and ya did nothin.Does she have any family that you know of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Just to warn you 911 works as well. Makes sense I suppose, given the amount of American media we have here. Did the exact same thing with 911 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

faceman wrote: »

When old people feel even slightly put out by a younger person they usually resort to saying "I'm (however old) dont you know?".

Here's a good prank if you have elderly neighbours. Buy a litre of milk and a newspaper every day for 2 weeks so you have different dates on everything. Intercept neighbours post for same length of time. When the 2 weeks are up strategically place your collection of milk, newspapers and stolen post outside their door in the early hours of the morning. Disconnect the doorbell. Call the guards. Put on popcorn. Try not to laugh when some giant bogger of a guard puts his size 14 boot through the neighbours front door....

• Advertisement

I honestly didn't think you'd try that, but thanks for giving me a laugh. 112 works too if you want to try it :D

Edit: I really did hear that 999 was gone, that's why I mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

flyton5 wrote: »

Here's a good prank if you have elderly neighbours. Buy a litre of milk and a newspaper every day for 2 weeks so you have different dates on everything. Intercept neighbours post for same length of time. When the 2 weeks are up strategically place your collection of milk, newspapers and stolen post outside their door in the early hours of the morning. Disconnect the doorbell. Call the guards. Put on popcorn. Try not to laugh when some giant bogger of a guard puts his size 14 boot through the neighbours front door....

Or when you get arrested yourself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I hope she's alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

geeky wrote: »
    Or when you get arrested yourself....

I see no flaw in my plan....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Doop

Confab wrote: »
    I honestly didn't think you'd try that, but thanks for giving me a laugh. 112 works too if you want to try it :D

Edit: I really did hear that 999 was gone, that's why I mentioned it.

This was on another thread aswell, do you really think they're going to 'cancel' 999 because they've brought in 112 ??

I dont think they're in the business of making it difficult to contact the emergency services.

112 is Europe wide which is why it was brought in but 999 and 911 will work too. If you put any of them into your mobile it'll allow you dial them even when the handset is locked.... which should be a clue that they're emergency numbers! when I dial them in it asks 'Contact Emergency Services?'

Anyways... OP where we at ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I hope the little old lady is ok but I'm after crying laughing at a lot of the posts. Classic stuff.

OP post back what's happening or I will hunt you down & make you sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

97 and driving a car?:(Ohh God!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

yeah
    this is going to end well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Ok i rang the doorbell-no one picked up.

So i told the guards the situation -i also gave her name and address so that they could try to contact her relatives/friends.

To be quite frank i barely know the woman-i just happen to live near her.

And if something bad has happened im not getting further involved. This really dosent concern me. Community is dead in this country (no pun intended).

End/thread

• Advertisement

End/thread

But .. but .. we need to find out if she's okay.

Did the Guards say that they would let you know how she is?

If so, tis your duty to keep us all informed as to how it all turns out for her.

She's like the After Hours nana now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

But .. but .. we need to find out if she's okay.

Did the Guards say that they would let you know how she is?

If so, tis your duty to keep us all informed as to how it all turns out for her.

She's like the After Hours nana now :(

Look i barely know the woman. So i think the guards/her family etc would be really pissed off if i start asking these questions.

This is the last time i give a dam about anyone else. Its too much trouble it is.

Look i barely know the woman. So i think the guards/her family etc would be really pissed off if i start asking these questions.

This is the last time i give a dam about anyone else. Its too much trouble it is.

Do you wear a tinfoil hat and never go outside the house perchance?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Ok i rang the doorbell-no one picked up.

So i told the guards the situation -i also gave her name and address so that they could try to contact her relatives/friends.

To be quite frank i barely know the woman-i just happen to live near her.

And if something bad has happened im not getting further involved. This really dosent concern me. Community is dead in this country (no pun intended).

End/thread

****ing hell, how heartless are you?

Community might be dead in your soul, and in some parts of Ireland. Maybe that is why we are in the mess we are.

I honestly can't fathom how cold you are here, disgusting...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Maybe she has just discovered PS3 online??? You wouldnt see me sometimes for a week! :D

OP is heartless, whatever about the old woman, but we need our gossip. You can't just tell us you don't want to know.

• Advertisement

So i think the guards/her family etc would be really pissed off if i start asking these questions.

You don't have to bother the Guards anymore.

Just tell us if you see her moving again, that's all :rolleyes:

Without the need of a hearse I mean.

Christ, you didn't even have to break sweat.

Your very easily put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OP if you really don't give a fcuk like you claim, why'd you bother starting a thread wondering what to do.
    Remind me never to go live near you either. I know where i live now,people look out for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

End/thread
    Can you think of any reason community might be (just about) dead in Ireland? Might it be something about people not having any concern for their neighbours, do you think?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

alwaysadub wrote: »
    OP if you really don't give a fcuk like you claim, why'd you bother starting a thread wondering what to do.
    Remind me never to go live near you either. I know where i live now,people look out for each other.

Exactly.

Not only a neighbour, but an elderly woman on her own. And all the OP is saying is "this isn't worth my precious time".

Do you not have elderly relations? Would you like it if someone behaved like this to yours?

These people obsessed with themselves and their work are insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

The joke is about an embarrassing way to die.

The punchline is 'mortified'.

I cant be arsed doing the filler.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement