Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of a odd situation i have...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

DB10 wrote: »
    Exactly.

Not only a neighbour, but an elderly woman on her own. And all the OP is saying is "this isn't worth my precious time".

Do you not have elderly relations? Would you like it if someone behaved like this to yours?

These people obsessed with themselves and their work are insufferable.

Your high horse is so high that you are no longer constrained by the force of gravity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

My guess is its a spoof. Nobody can really be that heartless / dumb to write on boards before going to the police.

It just took off faster than expected. Some great lines though so thumbs up for the OP for starting this great thread and also thumbs down to the OP for the huge fail, be it true or false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

hello932 wrote: »
    Ok i rang the doorbell-no one picked up.

So i told the guards the situation -i also gave her name and address so that they could try to contact her relatives/friends.

To be quite frank i barely know the woman-i just happen to live near her.

And if something bad has happened im not getting further involved. This really dosent concern me. Community is dead in this country (no pun intended).

End/thread

thats all you needed to do.... see community is not dead

well done. :)

Wow OP, real heart of gold you've got there... community may well be dead already but it appears humanity ain't far behind it in your case, it's a poor old woman who's possibly lying stone cold dead ffs.
    If I lived to be proper old and lived next door to someone like you I'd make it my mission to die on your doorstep and force it to be of your concern...if I could be bothered that is, I might just get lots and lots of cats and let them roam free outside your house all the time just to annoy you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Look i barely know the woman. So i think the guards/her family etc would be really pissed off if i start asking these questions.

This is the last time i give a dam about anyone else. Its too much trouble it is.

Why o why are you so narky??? Whats your problem?

In your first post, you said she is an old biddy, Why??? What did she do? Tell you to turn down the music or something along those lines?

I cant believe you said it is too much trouble to give a dam about anyone else.... You are sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

inmyday wrote: »
    You are a sad person. Maybe you need help.

Will you stop calling people names, you'll get the thread locked and I'm going for post of the day with post number 28.

If a Mod locks this it now, I'll never speak to you again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

I dont know if i want to get involved to be honest. Its time like these i wish i had my own estate to live in.

What am i going to say to them- hi can you please check if my neighbor is still alive...there going to think im taking the piss ffs.

Im sure someone will visit her house soon i hope. Then ill know i guess.

She's 97 and on her own. I'm sure the guards are used of this sort of thing and think you're just being a good neighbour.

As will she if she's merely decided to stay indoors and listen to Leonard Cohen or Radiohead or somesuch.

Seriously, knock at her door, if no answer, go to the guards. No harm will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

If anyone has learned anything from this thread is keep an eye on your elderly neighbours especially weather they are old biddys or not its now coming into the winter and this is when elderly suffer most

I would like to think not everyone is as heartless as the OP My Grandmother lives alone now although she has family visiting her regularly Im sickened to think what would happen her if there wasn't

We should respect our elderly not start fcuking threads about old biddys lying dead and not doing anything about it because it puts you out

OP you sicken me you need to grow up and live in the real world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

And if something bad has happened im not getting further involved. This really dosent concern me. Community is dead in this country (no pun intended). End/thread

No wonder community spirit is dying in this country. Great example of the cause of it above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

This is going to end like that thread about the mysterious couch.
    We're never going to find out what happened!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭thebigleap

I must be world weary but I don't think the OP is that coldhearted...he was concerned enough to ask for advice on this board (so it took him a while to do it but still...), he took the advice given and called the guards, he sounds like a concerned citizen to me. Remember that story a few months ago of the man who died on the sidewalk in New York because people walking by ignored his obvious distress, now THAT's coldhearted.

I know he's cranky but I don't think he was expecting this much interest in the story! Anyway he did what he needed to do and apparently was the only one in his neighborhood who bothered, so some credit to him for that. I would love some follow up on this story too so I hope that if he finds out what happened, he'll let us know.

It's sad to think that, even if the old lady is in hospital, that she doesn't have anyone she can trust to pick up her mail (a calling card for the hard up burglars in the neighborhood).

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Will you stop calling people names, you'll get the thread locked and I'm going for post of the day with post number 28.

If a Mod locks this it now, I'll never speak to you again :mad:

Yup post 28 was the best, with the milk bottle and newspaper a close second.

No offence to that Lovely old lady who hopefully has just gone on a mid week bender.

Chonker wrote: »
    No offence to that Lovely old lady who hopefully has just gone on a mid week bender.

I really hope so.

I think the OP is being very selfish not letting us know how she is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

114 posts about this and ya know what?

I think the OP is acting very strange. Does nobody else feel he knows exactly in what condition the old doll is. This thread has a bad feel to it. Something sinister here I feel. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Had similar happen a few years ago and the poor ould girl had fallen, broken her hip and couldn't get up. She had lain in her own mess for several days before the police kicked the door in. She was alive but just about. We moved out soon after as the smell was just not going away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Look i barely know the woman. So i think the guards/her family etc would be really pissed off if i start asking these questions.

This is the last time i give a dam about anyone else. Its too much trouble it is.

Oh god yeah the hassle of going next door and ringing a bell before the effort of picking up a phone (150g maybe that’s a training session in itself) and having to dial a number. Did you have to lie down after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I really hope so.

I think the OP is being very selfish not letting us know how she is :(
    Peeeeete its time to press "shut down" and go outside. Its a 97 year old woman we've never met, dont be gettin your boxers in a knot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

She could be lying on her hall floor with a broken hip after falling down the stairs slowly starving to death.

On the other hand, you might suffer a minor embarressment if she's just gone on holidays or something, so carry on.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Holy shítballs OP - nobody is asking you to rescue the womans cat off the top of a 25 storey building. Just do the right thing! Would you like if your Mum / a friends Mum was in trouble and her neighbour couldn't be arsed doing something about it?

This saddens me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shogun Puca

Think of the scenario; 97, living alone with no family. She falls over breaks a hip and is helpless on the floor, slowly ebbing away. All of a sudden you break in, find her and call an ambulance who take her to hospital and she makes a full recovery. She is so grateful for you saving her life and as she has no family of her own she changes her will and leaves everything to you. Restoring her faith in mankind.

.... oh no wait, you weren't arsed and she died alone on the floor in a pool of her own filth. Nice one!

My gran is actually 96 and lives alone; I'm just so glad I know her neighbours and know they always look out for her, bring her to mass, etc.

OP - Worst. Neighbour. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

OP doesn't have a neighbor

after all he lives under a bridge !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

OP - Worst. Neighbour. Ever.

ahhh, thats unfair to the OP.
    Pat Kenny is the WORST NEIGHBOUR EVER!

Back on Topic, OP, did you call the cops yet?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ahhh, thats unfair to the OP.
    Pat Kenny is the WORST NEIGHBOUR EVER!

Back on Topic, OP, did you call the cops yet?:confused:

Did you read the whole thread yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

no...lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Check for lots of flies inside inside the windows.

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »
    after all he lives under a bridge !

Under the bridge downtown
    Is where I drank her blood
    She could not get me up

Forgot about the thread I started on Boards.
    I took her life awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP killed the woman in a crime of passion and is now clearly trying to cover their tracks.

WAKE UP PEOPLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

that's a great attitude to have, especially to an elderly person. Do you not have any elderly relatives?? Parent? Grandparent?.. would you like their neighbours to have the same attitude?

I can think of lots of words to describe you (none of them compliments!!), but I'd probably get banned.

and in case anybody didn't know.....this is Age Action week.

change your tag to "goodbye932"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

So is she alive or not, OP? C'mon....after all this at least give us CLOSURE!

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

On the 23rd, at 01:20, the OP asks for advice on what to do. At 17:29 (most likely after coming home from work/college/etc, he updates the thread saying he called over, checked, and rang the Gardai about it.

And all the AH'ers call him cold hearted, saying he's the worst neighbour ever. Why? I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is a) the ones complaining have not read the entire thread, or b) they don't realise people actually work, and thus can't call over to her during the day...

the_syco wrote: »
    On the 23rd, at 01:20, the OP asks for advice on what to do. At 17:29 (most likely after coming home from work/college/etc, he updates the thread saying he called over, checked, and rang the Gardai about it.

And all the AH'ers call him cold hearted, saying he's the worst neighbour ever. Why? I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is a) the ones complaining have not read the entire thread, or b) they don't realise people actually work, and thus can't call over to her during the day...

There are so many things to choose from... To start with he had to ask a forum what he should do when he noticed his elderly neighbour wasn't doing her usual routine FOR TWO WEEKS. Do you really think he didnt know what to do, or do you think he didn't really want to get involved, after all who wants to get involved when a woman may be dead or dying?

Strange that you cant see any cold heartedness in the OP, maybe you should read all his posts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

the_syco wrote: »
    And all the AH'ers call him cold hearted, saying he's the worst neighbour ever. Why? I have no idea. ...

how about this for starters.......
    Look i barely know the woman.........This is the last time i give a dam about anyone else. Its too much trouble it is.

surely you would have concern for an elderly person, irrespective of whether you know them or not!!

and as Chonker says, he waited long enough.....then went on the forum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

So the OP called over and then contacted the police...then what happened?

Edit: Sorry I just can't spend a half an hour reading 8 pages of this thread on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Dean820 wrote: »
    So the OP called over and then contacted the police...then what happened?

Edit: Sorry I just can't spend a half an hour reading 8 pages of this thread on a Saturday.

We don't know. OP said he did not want to get involved with the situation and has not posted since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Should we have a poll on this? My moneys on she died of starvation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

This is the oddest thread ever on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Dean820 wrote: »

Go the user options and change it to 40 posts per page. Then there'll only be 4 pages and you won't have to read half as much

awaits pedants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The oddest part of this for me was that she was 93 and had a car:eek:

Maybe that's been pointed out already, but can't read the previous 5pages....just skipped to the end to see if the neighbour is still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kippure wrote: »
    This is the oddest thread ever on boards.

You dont read boards much do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

NothingMan wrote: »
    Just to warn you 911 works as well. Makes sense I suppose, given the amount of American media we have here. Did the exact same thing with 911 myself.

Pretty sure 911 works in most western countries due to the amount of American TV shows etc aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

So, is the OP still alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Plug wrote: »
    Should we have a poll on this? My moneys on she died of starvation.

Can we start a poll on this one, Questions being.
    1. Who thinks the OP is a prize spanner, who might have been able to save some ones life.
    2. Is a lying attention seeking spanner, who might have been able to save some ones life.
    3. Is a cowardly spanner without a backbone, who might have been able to save some ones life.
    4. The OP is an Atari Jaguar, meaning he is looser.

just an idea for a poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Jumpy wrote: »
    You dont read boards much do you?

Not the After hours section for sure....:P

Oi. Aussie. In my country we spell loser correctly. Which makes me doubt your username.

A quick test for you...

*sings* Am I ever gonna see your face again ...

Oi. Aussie. In my country we spell loser correctly. Which makes me doubt your username.

Nah its ok Jumpy, if it passes through spell check who cares, but then again some people just dont really have that much of a life, this is my take on grammar Nazis
    The Aussie wrote: »
    These spanners are my pet hates, who are they kidding these higher IQ virgins who still comb mammys hair every night telling her how they out smarted some lower life form on the interweb, and then you have these sh!t bags who thank them, get a life...

I love Grammar Nazis:D

You failed your aussie test.

Lets try another.

Red Symonds is commonly associated with which percussion instrument?

Red Symonds is commonly associated with which percussion instrument?

Who cares about that idiot, i thought Shirley Strachan was better and at least he had the decency to die just before 9/11 so he was quickly forgotten...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Bets are, at 97 she either died of natural causes or fell down, broke her hip and has been slowly dying on the floor since. Either way, she's most likely dead. Or staying with some rellies.

OP, ever hear what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bets are, at 97 she either died of natural causes or fell down, broke her hip and has been slowly dying on the floor since. Either way, she's most likely dead. Or staying with some rellies.

OP, ever hear what happened?

The OP won't be back, he severely embarrassed himself with the anti-society rant a few days ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement