Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to Photography / Forum - Kitesurfing Advice

• 23-09-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

New to both photography and this forum so thought I'd drop in to say hello and get some advice!

I am a keen kitesurfer of 3 years and recently emmigrated to Melbourne, Australia for some warmer weather. Have always had an interest in photography (but never tried) and have been keen to get some good kiting shots. So took the plunge the other week and bought a Nikon D90 (with 18-200mm VR lens and UV Filter).

As a noob, looking for some practical advice with respect to getting the most out of this camera with regards to:

1) Practical tips/tricks/advice on taking good kiting shots (exposure, shutter speed, composition, etc)
    2) Good sites/reference material for sports photography or kitesurfing
    3) Gear - not looking to become a gear junkie (yet ;) ) but interested to know what lenses, filters etc for the Nikon D90 would in the long term give me the best results (understand that it's more to do with the photographer than the camera :pac:)

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Cheers!
    D.S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Calina does a lot of kite surfing photography. Try contacting her.

On sports photography, I have tips and advice on my website.

Advertisement