Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Laser Card Question

Options
  • 23-09-2010 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question to avoid a bit of confusion.

I've used a Laser Card online many times without having money in my bank i.e booked flights.. And my bank account would read -230 euros or whatever it may be.

And when I lodge money or get paid, its automatically paid back to the bank.

Question is, would this be the case in shops?
    I.e If I used the machine in shops with only a few euro in my bank to purchase an item of the similar value as previous times I've booked tickets what would happen? Would the payment be authorised or would it not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

It seems I have an overdraft of up to 300 online, only so far have I tried with Aer Lingus.
    Would this work in stores too for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you have an overdraft facility on your account, it'll work anywhere (online or shops etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you haven't actually arranged that overdraft, then the bank can hit you with quite high fees for over-drawing your account. Sometimes they will do this, if you're in good standing with them, for direct debits, but I'm not sure if they do it for Laser.

If you do have a €300 overdraft arranged, then you should be able to use it for anything (even cash withdrawal).

Is there anyway I can check if I have an overdraft facility? Online? Or will a simple call just verify this.

Thanks

Sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can check if I have an overdraft facility? Online? Or will a simple call just verify this.

Thanks

Not being funny but you should kinda know about these things. If you have an overdraft then you requested it. A bank doesn't just bang up an overdraft for you with out having an application for one. However the bank does give some forebearance to customers who have regular turnover through their account because in some cases people forget etc about the amount of money in their bank account. In fairness if you're forcing credit on a continual basis forget about getting any significant lending facilities as it will give the bank a good reason to shoot you down.

Advertisement