Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage star wars spare parts Swap

• 23-09-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

Been trying to complete some of my vintage collection for some years now but forever meet with dealer charging through the nose for some tiny little parts that always seemed to go missing when i was a kid. that top gun on the scout walker is a classic example.

Any way from buying bashed up ships etc over the years to pull off the parts i need ive aquired a few spares of my own. Ill be pulling them out of storage soon to sort through them. so Was wondering if any of yourselve have a similar problem and have any spares yourselve that your looking to trade?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

I could never find a replacement Top Gun for my Scout Walker either!...so strange, most other weapons/parts seem to be out there. I'm not sure about swapping but when I was collecting Vintage stuff I got lots of weapons and capes etc for my old figures from this site:

http://www.theearthtoymall.com/star-wars-action-figures-accessories.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭tro81

looks a really good site. but a little pricey. Cant believe that 16+year ago when collecting was only just kicking off i was going round carboots sale and picking up bags of figures for next to nothing. at the time i was selling them back on for 50p i had loads of spares but i'd been selling them to, to other collectors
    he's asking $4 for an x wing gun. i used to have dozens of them.
    aw well i use to sell it all to fund my own collection. paper boy wages just weren't enough.
    I did a carboot last year in england to make room for my parents. i have to much stored over there still and i was selling the spare weapons. People where hipoventlating over them. checking to make sure they werent repro's (worse thing they ever did, takes the joy out of collecting)
    But anyway would rather swap my spare with other collectors to help complete mutual collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I could never find a replacement Top Gun for my Scout Walker either!...so strange, most other weapons/parts seem to be out there. I'm not sure about swapping but when I was collecting Vintage stuff I got lots of weapons and capes etc for my old figures from this site:

http://www.theearthtoymall.com/star-wars-action-figures-accessories.html

I need a scout walker gun as well. I'm also selling my 1979 vintage Millennium Falcon if anybody is interested pm me.

scout walker gun was just an example, got one now. but really need the hatch for the rebel transporter and the cock pit cover for slave 1.
    for selling your falcon have you tried adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

tro81 wrote: »
    scout walker gun was just an example, got one now. but really need the hatch for the rebel transporter and the cock pit cover for slave 1.
    for selling your falcon have you tried adverts.ie

I have, but unfortunately I'm the last one that replied, in other words it has no new replies.:(

• Advertisement

I have, but unfortunately I'm the last one that replied, in other words it has no new replies.:(

just checked out your ad, have you tried renewing the add. you get a free renew after a couple of weeks and goes to the top of the list. Plud i would def put a photo of the box up rather then a link to one selling on ebay. people want to see 1st hand what they're buying.
    anyway do you still need side guns for at st? what other parts are you looking for?

ok posted an ad so check it out
    http://adverts.ie/295416

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

just started to renew my collection.
    got all the oldies i had from the parents attic.
    really surprised how many are in excellent condition.
    is there any shop in cork / limerick that sells vintage figures or weapons.
    I have a few doubles of weapons. I'll list them if someone would be interested in swapping as some of the figures I have don't have all the weapons / accessories.

well if your down that end of the country i spoted an ad on donedeal.ie for a guy who is selling off his vintage collection from limerick. might be worth a look. If you hear of any shops or toy fairs down that way please let me know. Apart from that i do have some spares posted on adverts but mainly for vechiles at mo.

plus well worth hanging onto your figure weapons as they do double up alot within the range of figures.

• Advertisement

yeah, i've sorted through any of the ones that are used by multiple figures.
    Have the "Star Wars the action figure archive" book as my bible!

find e-bay the best for figures.
    was amazed at the quantity and frequency of figures on there.

don't think i'll contact the guy in limerick though. all his are either carded or in boxes. only collecting loose figures at the moment.

well keep an eye on adverts. there is alway some vintage stuff coming up. i will be having some fig up my self in a while. can alway arrange postage. i also have some spare weapons that i may be willing to trade. what spares do you have?

I'll do an inventory tomorrow and let you know what I have.
    Let me know what you might be selling

ok i have some spare fig and vechiles. descided to do a toy fair myself to clear out a load of it. but in the mean time ill put up a few bits.
    some are complete others arn't
    top of my head the rarest is yak face and anakin
    then i have original luke, both bespin guards, ig-88, some ewoks, rebel commando's, lando bespin, original han with small head, c3p0 original, a few leia's and some of jabba hench men.
    suppose really what you after and ill take a look and see. i can alway upload it on adverts if i have it.

Advertisement