Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic Payments/ Back to Education

• 23-09-2010 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi, my question is regarding electronic funds transfer of Back to Education Allowance payments.

I was told by my social welfare local office that my payment would be via electronic funds transfer. My query is how long this transfer takes - i.e. is it immediate (like in the case of post office payments) or does the transfer take longer, depending on which bank one banks with?

And on this issue, does anybody know when the Back to Education Allowance is paid? My local office have given me two separate answers in relation to both of these questions, so I was wondering what user experience was... or anyone else's experience for that matter.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

The EFT doesn't take longer, it just means that you wont have to go to the Post office every week for your BTEA. My mate's used to go into his account at midnight either on a Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember, either way it'll be a regular payment, so don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 hungrystudent

Hi guys. Need an update on this subject.Changed from JA to BTEA and having it paid direct into bank.No sign of it in bank yet.Can anyone tell me what day it's paid in?..(landlord screaming down the phone at me and I'm sick of saying 'I don't know')

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

It's normally paid on a Thursday(well midnight Wednesday)

you'll be doing well if you get it this week, they're so slow at getting sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 hungrystudent

shoppergal wrote: »
    It's normally paid on a Thursday(well midnight Wednesday)

you'll be doing well if you get it this week, they're so slow at getting sorted.
    Thanks..hope it's there this week.crazy the way irish social welfare can let you go whole weeks with no money.As soon as I graduate I'm gone..thanks again for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I got it last week in my bank account at 1am, and this week - nothing. Nothing's changed with my situation, I have written confirmation that my account is switched and confirmed... anyone know why it might be happening that the money has not come through?

Maybe Brian Cowen went to put money into my account and it said 'insufficient funds'. Well actually, I shouldnt be joking really because thats whats happening to me and I literally have no money right now. And I'm studying in London so i can't call in. They don't seem to have an email at my local office back in Dublin and they dont answer the phones either. ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

My first payment was in my a/c no problems, also if you are ringing office, do it at 9.30am!

Advertisement