Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Cap Increase?

• 23-09-2010 8:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

so i moved to limerick recently for college and got digiweb metro installed less then a month ago, 39.95 a month 8mb down 1 mb up and 30 gig cap, must say the service has been excellent and im getting full speeds etc, perfect ps3 connection and torrent use is grand...

was just checking out their website the other day for addons, and i noticed the package i signed up for less then a month ago now offers a 60 gig cap ..same price... Ive emailed them twice and hit their twitter all with no reply...Im not one for phonecalls !:cool:

so my question is would it be crazy to think existing customers will have their cap's bumped to 60 gigs, would be ideal, as Ive already hit the 30 mark in 20 odd days while trying to be conservative on my usage !...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'd also like to know this.
    I just signed up to the same package last week. Great service, delighted with it.
    One of the things that swug me towards Digiweb was the good cap (60gig). However when I logged in to mytraffic.digiweb.ie (to check usage) I noticed that it states that the Metro package only has a 30 gig cap. I just presumed that maybe it wasnt updated in a while.
    Must call them for clarification as to what the cap is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Metro packages always had different sizes of caps. I hope if the cap is increased that few people use the extra or else the speed will be poorer. The Cap is to limit congestion, not because Digiweb is mean.

Traffic Quota
    Metro Lite 	10GB
    Metro 	30GB
    Metro Plus 	60GB
    Metro Xpress 	120GB
    Metro Value 	20GB
    Metro Home 	30GB
    Metro Xtra 	50GB
    Metro Business 2 	20GB
    Metro Business 4 	40GB
    Metro Business 6 	60GB
    Metro Business 8 	80GB
    Metro Business 10 	100GB
    PRO 2 	60GB
    PRO 3 	60GB

watty wrote: »
    Metro packages always had different sizes of caps. I hope if the cap is increased that few people use the extra or else the speed will be poorer. The Cap is to limit congestion, not because Digiweb is mean.

Traffic Quota
    Metro Lite 	10GB
    Metro 	30GB
    Metro Plus 	60GB
    Metro Xpress 	120GB
    Metro Value 	20GB
    Metro Home 	30GB
    Metro Xtra 	50GB
    Metro Business 2 	20GB
    Metro Business 4 	40GB
    Metro Business 6 	60GB
    Metro Business 8 	80GB
    Metro Business 10 	100GB
    PRO 2 	60GB
    PRO 3 	60GB

The Figures are different on their website though, that's where the confusion is...
                              Metro Value   Metro Home   Metro Xtra
    Download Speed*            5Mb          8Mb              12Mb
    Upload Speed               512kb        1Mb               1Mb
    Traffic Included Free      50GB         60GB              70GB

Linky

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi All

We have indeed upgraded the download allowance on both our DSL and Metro products. This applies to new and existing customers so everyone should notice an increase on their download allowance from today.

We have updated the website for new customers but all existing customers will be informed in the next bill run.

If you are having issues with your new download allowance give tech support a call 1890 940 405.

Thanks
    Marion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Thanks Marion

Great news !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Look forward to seing the new rates on the traffic page. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Hi Marion,

3 Questions.

1 I am currently on the Wireless Metro @ €33.02 + VAT per month and paying an additional €8.25 + VAT per month for 20GB Extra Cap Monthly. Will the additional charge be removed automatically, or do I need to contact customer care for that?

2 Do you plan to provide wireless routers for use at somepoint, instead of the single wired version I currently have?

3 If the answer to 2 is no, is there a recommended Wireless router that works best with the router you provide, as I have tried a few different ones and they have all had issues staying connected.

Thanks
    M

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Hi Marion,

3 Questions.

1 I am currently on the Wireless Metro @ €33.02 + VAT per month and paying an additional €8.25 + VAT per month for 20GB Extra Cap Monthly. Will the additional charge be removed automatically, or do I need to contact customer care for that?

2 Do you plan to provide wireless routers for use at somepoint, instead of the single wired version I currently have?

3 If the answer to 2 is no, is there a recommended Wireless router that works best with the router you provide, as I have tried a few different ones and they have all had issues staying connected.

Thanks
    M

Hi M

You will need to contact customer care (1890 940 400) as what will happen is you will now receive the new cap plus the 20GB. You can however cancel the additional €8.25 + VAT per month for 20GB Extra Cap through customer care.

We have new wireless routers in stock for use with Metro (spec here). If you want to PM me your Digiweb account details I can make sure someone in customer care sorts all this out for you

Marion

Marion,
    Are the wireless routers supplied by Digiweb for metro free for existing customers or are they at an additional cost?

Lads I had to change my router when I went with Digiweb, it's called a cable router, and I got the belkin one in the Argos catalogue, can't think of the model name off hand, it was the 99 euro one anyway, I know belkin don't have a great reputation, but I find this router very good, I have it connected wirelessly to several devices, and stream media around the house, no problems at all, and gaming is great,so can recommend it as it works very well under pressure and no problem connecting to Digiweb, lots of configure options you'd expect in the web interface also

• Advertisement

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi All

We have indeed upgraded the download allowance on both our DSL and Metro products. This applies to new and existing customers so everyone should notice an increase on their download allowance from today.

We have updated the website for new customers but all existing customers will be informed in the next bill run.

Marion

Can't you keep it secret so there is no increase in congestion? :)

iPwnage wrote: »
    Lads I had to change my router when I went with Digiweb, it's called a cable router,

The modem is just a Modem.

Any "ethernet" WAN router from Dlink, Zyxel, Linksys, 3com, Buffalo, or similar with inbuilt firmware or OpenWRT is fine.

i.e. the Router has a 5th ethernet port for separate modem instead of built in DSL modem. The so called "cable routers" are actually nothing to do with cable, they are just general purpose ethernet routers.

From Marion's ZyXel link
    Hardware Specifications

* LAN: Four 10/100 Mbps Ethernet RJ-45connector with auto MDI/MDIX support
    * WAN: One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet RJ-45connector with auto MDI/MDIX support
    Bold port plugs into Modem. Remove and re-apply power on Modem when Router is configured (by ethernet cable, not WiFi, till WPA security is set) so that Modem re-issues IP for Router instead of PC.

Hey guys we have an offer out at the moment for a free wireless router on the Metro chatterbox package but the router is €49.95 on other packages. This simply covers the cost of the router and posting and packaging. If you need a router you can contact customer care and they will organise one for you.

Thanks
    Marion

watty wrote: »
    The modem is just a Modem.

ya i know, thats what they call them in the argos catalog as not to confuse people, you have "eircom routers" and "cable routers" lol

The same router works on eircom model set into Bridge Mode. Had to do that on an old Netopia as the WiFi wouldn't work properly in WPA.

Dabs calls them dsl/cable routers.. I'm not sure how it's less confusing...

I saw on an ediamax router it claimed the Ethernet WAN port could be used on DSL or Cable broadband as a backup for your 3G USB dongle. Somehow, they have that back to front :)
    Marketing People :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Two questions:

Will any cap increases be implemented for the FWA products too? The wireless service based on airspan receivers, not the Metro service.

Is there any word on extending Metro to any other Digiweb sites which already offer FWA, or any other new sites? The whole LOS requirement is a bit of a pain for metro;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Do Digiweb offer any kind of 6 month contract on Metro BB, No phone Required.

Two questions:

Will any cap increases be implemented for the FWA products too? The wireless service based on airspan receivers, not the Metro service.

Is there any word on extending Metro to any other Digiweb sites which already offer FWA, or any other new sites? The whole LOS requirement is a bit of a pain for metro;)

Hi

We are currently reviewing all our customer products however we will not be offering cap upgrades on FWA products in the immediate future. Sorry about this. Have you been on this wireless product for long? If you want PM me your customer details and I can check if we have metro or another better value product with higher download allowances in your area.

Marion

paddyk wrote: »
    Do Digiweb offer any kind of 6 month contract on Metro BB, No phone Required.

Hi Paddy

Our standard service contract is 12 months. This is across the product range.

Regards
    Marion

Advertisement