Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken ad

Options
  • 23-09-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

When browsing After Hours, anytime I open a thread with the heineken ad at the bottom the tab freezes. I cant scroll up or down using the wheel on my mouse, and it's very very jittery using the scroll bar. It only occurs though when I reach the ad on the page, which is by the bottom. As soon as the green starts to show the whole page freezes up.

This sounds completely bizarre, I hope I've explained it well and put it in the right forum.

Also, not a dig at Heineken either, but if they want to send me some free samples as way of apology I'll oblige!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Same here, slows down the browser something insane. And I'm not on a slow machine.

FF 3.6.10, Windows 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

oh god get rid of it!!

opera 10.62, xp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Completely kills my browser as well.
    IE6 :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah boards! :mad:
    Know the one that's one too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dan185 wrote: »
    When browsing After Hours, anytime I open a thread with the heineken ad at the bottom the tab freezes.

Arthur sabotage? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've blocked two ads that have had this effect in teh last 24 hours. I'll presume one was fer the evil drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You'll get given out to for using adblock, Mike ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah but thats the thing, I've been a good boy and have let them lie however if they seem to be causing drag on the system (I'm an Opera buff for reference) then they go!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Subscribe and you can't see the ads. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You'll get given out to for using adblock, Mike ;)

Meh. I have no problems with ads on sites simply because they're a necessary evil. The moment those ads start to affect my browsing experience (for example causing slow page loads, causing browser crashes or those ads that cover the whole screen and hides the close button) then that ad gets blocked. If the site owner has a problem with that then they can suck my balls. Pissing off the people who use your site with ads like that is a shítey way to do things and you should consider yourself lucky they haven't decided to fúck off completely.

Back to the topic, I haven't had any problems with any ads here with the latest version of chrome and win7 64bit.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm using Firefox and it's brutal.

I actually wanted to go to the Heineken site, and it's even worse. I had to re-boot in the end..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seamus wrote: »
    That runs like a dead dog on my pc here. Definitely something not right with it.

That runs like a dead dog on my pc here. Definitely something not right with it.
    There is. It's in flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I was just on www.independent.ie and the Heineken ad is there too. My browser won't load it fully, I had to close the tab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I use adblocker on most sites but I've whitelisted board in order to support the site. I am blacklisting boards until this ad is removed!
    C2D E6600 jumps to 85% when the ad is on the screen, what on earth are they playing at?

Advertisement