Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Range in Limerick?

• 23-09-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to go and smash a few gold balls around the place at a driving range in Limerick.

A very brief period of research tells me there is a driving range in Coonagh, and the Limerick Golf Club has one, but I'm looking for info on other driving ranges out there, including opening hours and prices and any other info which might be helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Limerick County Golf Club in Ballyneety is probably the best driving range in Limerick.

http://www.limerickcounty.com/index.php

Anyone here remember the driving range that used to be beside the Crescent Shopping centre in Dooradoyle?

The County Council building and the shopping centre car park are where it used to be. I remember it from coming over from Liverpool to stay in Limerick when I was a kid. The Crescent shopping centre used to close on Sundays back then, and the driving range used to give a few quid to any kids who would go around the shopping centre car park collecting stray balls for them.

Golf balls before you pipe up Raiser :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Right, for reasons of convenience, we're going to the Coonagh driving range. Can anybody help me with directions? I'm guessing that I go out the Ennis road towards / until / past the Coonagh roundabout and then.......?

EDIT: Seems like I take the exit after the Cork road, then go past the aerodrome and it's on the right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Seems like I take the exit after the Cork road, then go past the aerodrome and it's on the right?

You're correct on the directions.

A point to remember - bring along some 2 Euro coins because sometimes there is no-one in the shop if you need change as there is a golfball dispensing machine in the driving range building which takes 2 Euro coins.

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hsb2

Does anyone know what time the coonagh driving range opens at? I've been there once and it's enough to get by.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hours:
    Mon-Fri 11:00 - 21:00
    Sat-Sun 10:00 - 19:00

Zombie thread and latest questions answered, so locking :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement