Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining in Dublin

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Parents anniversary so few of us siblings are hoping to book the family into a good restaurant for a nice celebratory bit of grub

Have eaten in Chapter One - gorgeous, but they are booked out (is it just me or are they completely obnoxious when telling you they are booked out? honest to god, wankery telephone attitude almost puts me off from dining there...)

L'Ecrivain - to be honest last meal I had there was just 'grand' so not really rushing back

Ramsays in Powerscourt - never tried it, friend said its just 'ok'?

One Pico - never tried it, but seems to get good reviews?

Thorntons - few years since I ate there, keep hearing mixed things about it??

Shanahans -need some convincing on this one, last meal I had left me cold...

Guilbaud - prices verging on obnoxious...but it is a special occasion

Dobbins - years and years since I ate there but always had a warm spot for the place, dunno what its like at the moment

Any recommendations or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There have been literally dozens of threads on this. A quick search will help you quite a lot :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Try something different - Sabor off Camden street - fine dining with service to die for - check it out on menupages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Been to Thornton's, one pico and dobbins all in the last 12 months for various special occasions and have not been dissapointed.

Advertisement