Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck on ram??

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I posted while ago my build build but I got stuck on the ram as for some reason my brain stopped working and I cant think straight so I thought I ask here.

I'm deciding on which ram to get for my AM3 890gx-ud3h mobo and the confusing part is that on the gigabyte website the board supports ddr3 2000(oc) 1333 and 1066 mhz ram. Does that mean only theses particular ram speeds can be used or could I use speeds from 1066 all the way up to 2000mhz.

I was looking into buying 4gb of OCZ ddr3 pc3-16000 2000mhz Reaper Series.

Or are there any other suggestions.

Jon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Anything in between 1066 and 2000mhz will be fine. You will however need to go into the bios and manually alter the voltage and timings (These will be listed on your ram)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Perfect thanks alot Anti was stuck there for a minute.

Jon

Advertisement