Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting night courses?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my husband are thinking of doing a parenting class somewhere in Dublin. Any that i’ve seen are either in the morning, have started already , are only open to people who attend the organisation, are on Saturday etc.We’re just looking for a good one that runs weekly as a night course,that covers (bold!) teenagers and is worthwhile going to. Any recommendations? thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think the majority of courses will have started already, it's just the time of year but if they are not full you maybe able to still start them.

http://www.pbireland.ie/pbi-services/services/parenting-teenages-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

Hi, there is a course starting next week with John Sharry, who writes about parenting in the Irish Times. I have been to different seminars and courses that he’s done and always think he’s excellent. Very inspiring and thoughtful in his ideas, i always recommend him to friends. I am on his mailing list and have copied the information from that. Pretty reasonable too considering his qualifications.

Anyway, i hope you find something suitable, i always think when you have the idea to do something it’s good to get some help sooner rather than later, got the email last week so there might still be spaces.

PARENTING COURSES, DUBLIN CITY CENTRE
    Course 1 Parenting pre-teens and teenagers
    TOPICS INCLUDE:
    Getting along with and understanding your teenager
    Setting rules with teenagers
    Dealing with conflict/ Positive discipline
    Encouraging your teenager and building their confidence

Course 2 Parenting pre-schoolers and young children
    TOPICS INCLUDE:
    Tuning into and understanding your child
    Helping your child learn and behave well
    Solving childhood problems
    Building your child’s confidence and self-esteem

Courses start Tuesday 28th Sept 2010
    Cost: €60 per person per course (€100 for couples)
    Further Information/ Booking: www.solutiontalk.ie
    Places are limited, so advance booking is necessary

Advertisement