Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Halo Reach game editing

Options
  • 23-09-2010 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have copied some theatermode gameplay from myXbox harddrive to my pc (it comes across as about 6 different files) but i cannot open them in Sony Vegas. Do i need to amalgimate and convert the files first and if so with what and how do i go about doing that..
    I am not using a PVR i literally copied the saved file over to my PC...

or if i do fileshare is there a way to view it online (as in a website where they can be viewed)

All help greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm pretty sure you can't just copy it over but I may be wrong.

What file format are the files in?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

Hi tallon
    Thats the problem i am having, there is no extension showing on the files, it just keeps posting a message saying a "newsreader" or some other device may be needed to combine the files when i try open them.
    I was hoping (praying actually) that someone here might know what i might need.

I did post a gameplay to fileshare hoping it could be viewed online but so far havent been able to find out where to go to see them or if the share if for Xbox only.

It did format my pendrive to XBox storage compatability before moving the files onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Dunnel009 wrote: »
    It did format my pendrive to XBox storage compatability before moving the files onto it

You mean you turned your USB drive into an Xbox storage device, put them onto it, and then plugged that USB in your computer expecting to get the files that way?

Yea, it doesn't work like that :pac:

I don't think you can record the game directly onto the hardrive of the xbox.

You would need some sort of capture card as explained here

If you right click on the files, and select properties, what does it say there?

Yip in theater mode it allows you to save the gameplay to your harddrive... Even when i did the rightclick i got no ext displayed, i am not at home at the moment so cant doublecheck but when i get home i will post a screenshot of the message and properties box.

Thanks Tallon

• Advertisement

Dunnel009 wrote: »
    Yip in theater mode it allows you to save the gameplay to your harddrive...

Thats only to playback on the xbox. You cannot watch on your PC

i guess i was hoping that there was a way to convert these files but by the sounds of it this is not possible..
    Ok thanks for the getting back to me guys...

No bother at all.
    You mentioned in your OP that you don't have a PVR. Would you be interested in getting one in the future?

Advertisement