Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stream flowing under Decking

• 23-09-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi im looking for some advice,

ive decking out the backyard and garden slopes upwards away from it toward the boundry wall. I was thinking of putting together a little stream down the slope and under the decking (pumped back to top again)

Ive never seen this before but i had a thought that i could get a perspex or glass etc.. to replace the decking above the stream to have th stream visible.I would decorate it and add rockery etc.. Is it even possible

Any help appreciated Stream back.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Why would you want to build a little stream then hide in under perspex or what ever??

Far too much trouble for what it is.

Perspex will scrape easily, tarnish with the UV light, the water will erode the soil/stones and block the pump/filter.

You would be better off building a pond with a sprinkler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

I dont want to hide it. If i didnt want it to be seen i would

A) not build a stream:rolleyes:

B) use the decking i have down already:rolleyes:

I kinda guessed perspex would scratch thats why i was looking for ideas not looking for some one to point out the obvious negatives.

It would be for visual effect and i could build it for ease of maintenence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Perspex will also be slippy in the wet, and you'd want some thick stuff to support weight and meet the existing height of the decking

Advertisement