Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Irish Credit cards in the UK

Options
  • 23-09-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Is there much of a charge paying for purchases electronically using an Irish visa card (Per.TSB) in the U.K. or am i better exchanging my euro's to sterling before i travel to the UK and pay in hard currency?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

With cc's you have no control on the exchange rate that will be applied to your purchases. Exchange rates change all the time, what you get today will not be what you get tomorrow - this could be better or worse. That saying, sterling/euro rates do not fluctuate too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only additional fee may be a non-euro transaction charge. Not all banks apply this, but I believe the PTSB do. It's normally about 0.25-0.5%, but I don't know what PTSB charge. It'll be in your agreement T&Cs anyway, or possibly on the banks website.

Advertisement