Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknagoshel Halloween Festival

Options
  • 23-09-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

The Knocknagoshel Halloween Group proudly presents its notorious ghost trail on Sunday 24th October 2010 commencing at 6:30PM.
    Guaranteed to scare the spit out of you.:D:D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocknagoshel

knockhalloweenposter.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eddiebarrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Swirly

hiya, i remember the last time i went on the ghost trail, it was amazing! and i've been doing everything i can to promote it among friends and colleagues.
    could you please tell me though, is it still a competition for the best scenario/tableau/group?
    my reason for asking is that i am a student at tralee college and was wondering if it would be too late for our society to become involved.
    thanx a bunch

Hi Swirly,

What we have this year are judges who will adjudicate on the people queueing for the ghost trail. Assorted prizes will be awarded, ranging from sweets for the young ones to mystery prizes for the family groups and adults. The prize winners will receive their prizes from Conor Quaid of SPIN South West radio who is presenting a Halloween-themed open air disco on the night.

However, if your group is interested in becoming a part of the ghost trail itself and helping in terrorizing our victims patrons, please feel free to send a representative to our next Halloween Group meeting on Wednesday 6th October 2010 at 8PM in the log cabin adjacent to Knocknagoshel gym with the gym itself being located on the grounds of Knocknagoshel GAA Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

As a Kid we were always warn if we do not behave that they would send us to Knocknagoshel. They could not frighten us about the black people in Timbuktu as they tried very hard. They did not know that our Grandfather always to go see the place and he never go places he did not like! We were then told about the scary people living in Knocknagoshel hiding in da hills, and they will always knock on our door late at night if we do not behave. Now I see why!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Check out the Knocknagoshel Halloween Group Facebook page for details of how you can win 6 free passes to this year's Ghost Trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I don't think your folks were lying just to scare you either Limklad:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Weeshie

Just wondering if there's anything at the festival for young kids? I'd say my 3 year olds would be too young for the Ghost Trail :(

Weeshie,
    3 years old is probably a bit young for the Ghost Trail alright (they would be having nightmares until they are 33 years old). However, there is an under 10 disco going on in the Community Centre and a pumpkin carving competition taking place in O'Connor's bar.

Sponsors1.jpg
    Sponsors3.jpg

• Advertisement

Acknowledge.jpg

Advertisement