Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell not able to sell me a dell Laptop !!!

Options
  • 23-09-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Spotted this Dell laptop in carphonewarehouse. Being a 14" with a DVD drive decided it would suit my needs for college.

Decided to ring Dell to get a quote, when I rang their sales office they said they do not do 14" laptops with DVD drives tried to push me into a Vostro 3300; but it has had bad reviews.

Have been a Dell customer in the past, but will now look elsewhere.:mad:

do you think the carphonewarehouse offer is good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The dell studio 14z does not have a dvd drive built in. I can only guess that carphonewarehouse include an external drive, or have made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Looked at it in the local shop and it does have a DVD drive, it also states this in the technical information.

paulgalway wrote: »
    Looked at it in the local shop and it does have a DVD drive, it also states this in the technical information.

Check this out, from Dell themselves Link.

It specifically says it does not have a dvd drive.

I suspect you were looking at perhaps the studio 15?

All I can say is that in the shop it stated it was a 14z, in their sales magazine it is a 14z, on their website it is a 14z.

All I can say is that in the shop it stated it was a 14z, in their sales magazine it is a 14z, on their website it is a 14z.

Check out this image gallery. HERE

carphonewarehouse have made a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

the dell 14z does NOT have a dvd drive.

i would think i know, as im typing on 1 right now.

Going into carphone warehouse this morning. Will let you know what I find. Where do I look on the laptop to find out exactly what it is?

Royalmarinecomm: How do you find the 14z? is it a good system for someone going to college doing Arts degree. will be using Microsoft office, internet, youtube, etc.

Just back from the shop. Looked at the product label on the underside. It is a Dell 1470-7092. Dell do not sell these systems anymore,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Going into carphone warehouse this morning. Will let you know what I find. Where do I look on the laptop to find out exactly what it is?

Royalmarinecomm: How do you find the 14z? is it a good system for someone going to college doing Arts degree. will be using Microsoft office, internet, youtube, etc.

the 14z is pretty decent. granted i only used it for an hour, i usually use my gaming laptop so i cant compare them.

From what i saw it was quick and reliable. youtube, office and general internet and dvd watching will be perfect on it.
    useless at gaming.

I now believe that it is a Inspiron 14z and not a Dell Studio 14z.

• Advertisement
Advertisement