Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

board?? volunteer.

• 23-09-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi guys a have notices as have everyone there are a lot more people with nothing to go due to the recession and people are getting very agitated and fed up. if any of you out there are reading this and agreeing why dont you consider volunteering with one of the many organisations around the city and fill some of your time doing good work that your bound to enjoy. in particular there are loads of youth projects calling out for people to lend a hand and bring their own skills to the table be it helping with homework (any way at all is appretiated) or if you have a specific interest in sports or art etc. its great fun and you can benifical to the young people and the community as well as good experience.
    the waterford regional youth services main office is in the Edmund Rice Youth and Community centre on Manor street next to railway square (big green builidng with loads of window, the old manor school)
    if anyone is interested they can pop in to speak to staff or can call the manor street youth project directly on 0866018961 (ask for mary or phil)

hope someone out there will find this useful :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Oh dear god use caps in the proper places and also use proper grammer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's an awful tall horse you have ,hope you don't take a fall from it .

As a volunteer myself ,I echo the OP's views , There are a lot of good and interesting groups and clubs around the City . We /They are always looking for new volunteers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As we discussed in Stevens trip to Nirobi thread do you not loose your Dole if you volunteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

use proper grammer!

Nice speelling :D

I think it's a good idea from the OP though, I can see how easy it could be to get stuck in a rut of being fed up/disheartened/isolates/depressed after losing a job, whereas who knows the opportunities that volunteering could open up :) right place, right time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mollyglam

what an exciting life a person must have to care about capital letters on a message board.

nope volunteer work is offering you time for free so it would not effect your dole at all. i was a volunteer for 3 years previously and during that time had 6 months unemployed and it didnt affect payments at all. if anything its a bonus for job interviews as it should social skills and an interest in people particularly if your wanting to go into the social sector. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement