Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Macro Photographs :D

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

thumbs_01.jpg

thumbs_02.jpg

thumbs_03.jpg

thumbs_04.jpg

thumbs_05.jpg

thumbs_06.jpg

thumbs_07.jpg

thumbs_08.jpg

thumbs_09.jpg

thumbs_10.jpg

thumbs_11.jpg

thumbs_12.jpg

thumbs_13.jpg

thumbs_14.jpg

thumbs_15.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

thumbs_16.jpg

thumbs_17.jpg

thumbs_18.jpg

thumbs_19.jpg

thumbs_20.jpg

thumbs_21.jpg

thumbs_22.jpg

thumbs_23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The dude who did these is called "Avanaut". More of his pictures can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/40195501@N06/ and they include lots of different settings.

Including a logo man do a ski-jump

4970854614_31aaf36c0b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

awesome!! get a job!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

****ing awesome Tallon. I LOVE that Boba Fett at the end.

Funnily enough I was taking macro Lego shots not too long ago myself:

98EEADAC748248DE9F6567BC5BEEF9CE-800.jpg

3137EFB8FD724FE6BA1960033B48DCFB-800.jpg

EEC9B2CE257B46E291DBFC637C4F4326-0000336754-0001953301-00800L-6F94B82704CB44B3A0E8503B91943318.jpg

789AFA6F10584DAE866072E7B03ADE2D-0000336754-0001953300-00800L-6C9DE8E399AC4963AA5A532B2477D079.jpg

• Advertisement

I got mentioned on a Lego blog today for some of my recent photos :D

http://modelbuildingsecrets.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/the-picture-is-the-thing/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

ya Necs photos are class alright. love the spartan one... and cheerleader/zombie one

I got mentioned on a Lego blog today for some of my recent photos :D

http://modelbuildingsecrets.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/the-picture-is-the-thing/
    Class photos man, well done

Dunno what macro photos are, im not really a photographer but here's a shot or two... got an idea for the mexican in handcuffs with the cop but might be seen as stereotyping. :D

147051.jpg
    147050.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dunno what macro photos are, im not really a photographer but here's a shot or two... got an idea for the mexican in handcuffs with the cop but might be seen as stereotyping. :D
    Macro photos are basically close up photos of small objects, which make them look bigger when printed or viewed on a larger than 1:1 scale.

Your photos are perfect examples of macro, and I like the idea of the cop arresting the mexican. As long as he's not arresting ALL the mexicans, then the PC crowd won't be after you.

• Advertisement

I really like them photos :)

Nice job

post the Mexican ones :p

upload error at moment.will do in a bit

Again, not a photographer, great camera. had to use image on laptop screen for backdrop. my hand blocking the flash caused the pink in the skiier

147186.jpg
    147187.jpg
    147188.jpg
    147189.jpg
    147190.jpg

mexican.jpg

mexicant.jpg

skii.jpg

skii2.jpg

skii3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I have the same trouble with photography. The flash messes things up, but without it the images are too dark, even when I take them outside in full daylight. Well, cloudy Irish daylight. And all the arteficial lights in the house are yellow.

Dunjon, i say take the photo anyway. I like the concepts just as much as the photography. And i like the pink tint skiier myself so im happy out.

Load up a few photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

So far, most photos I've taken were for a specific purpose so I've none that were done creatively. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago:

prettyboy.jpg

If I remember correctly, this was taken indoors against white cardboard, with the flash on and the curtains as open as I could get them. The lighting's alright but the shadows are a pain. In natural daylight without flash they come out darker, and often with bizarre colours.

terminator2j.jpg

This one was taken indoors with the flash off at about 3.30 pm, curtains open and bright but cloudy outside. It's the same white card background. It hasn't been touched up in photoshop; I knew I'd get that blue discolouring and I'd wanted to match the colours in the movie scene anyway.

My main problem with lighting is that all the electric lights in the house are yellow and can tint the photos orange.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    My main problem with lighting is that all the electric lights in the house are yellow and can tint the photos orange.

Do you know if your camera has any white balance settings? I'm not sure if it's a standard feature on compacts, but if it's there then you'll be able to sort this problem right out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

...or you can correct white balance afterwards with a program like picasa.

My 8yo son does a lot of lego & he has asked me to photo some of his inventions, I am more into photography myself but have been doing some experimenting, I have posted one over in the photo forum here,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056178407

and here's a few more...

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

Cheers,

FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I am told by he who knows (my 8yo...) that this is the MegaBlocks Halo UNSC Pelican Dropship. Megablocks are still not as good as lego - but the have come a long way. The megablocks pieces are much stiffer & harder to press together, but the finished model is a bit more rigid, and lil bits are less likely to fall off. Anyway, here it is:

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

stormtrooper-rip.jpg

• Advertisement

FoxT wrote: »
    Megablocks are still not as good as lego - but the have come a long way. The megablocks pieces are much stiffer & harder to press together, but the finished model is a bit more rigid, and lil bits are less likely to fall off. Anyway, here it is:

I agree totally, i bought my nephew the megablocks pirate ship for 10e (i mentioned in a previous bargin alerts) Took, myself my better half and my nephew over an hour to put together... and that was just getting the parts to click. But when it was finished, it was awesome. Ill take a photo when he's bored of it for the day.
    What im not a fan of is the minifigs from megablocks. I think they are really poor... my nephew has borrowed my minifigs... i better get them back.:D

Advertisement