Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Champion New Format

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

What do people think of the New Champion layout,one thing for sure you dont need to be at the kitchen table to read it now,not gone on the tacky mag that comes with it, its a bit like those tacky magazines you get with the tabloids on sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I like it. So much easier to read.
    I also like the magazine. The tv guide in it seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its not to bad, definetly easier to read, and more likely to read more of it, rather than having to clear the coffee table to look through any of it.

not gone on the mag my self though, argee with the tablod comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haven't seen it yet,but delighted that its gone to a tabloid version,the old paper was so difficult to read in broadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

It would be better if it was stapled like the indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

I prefer the broadsheet version, myself, but maybe I'm a traditionalist.

Defo don't like the mag, it was typically generic Sunday tabloid cr*p, and the majority of the pages in my version of it were badly cut. This meantg that either the text from the top few lines or bottom few lines was cut off, and couldn't be read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I dont mind broadsheets, just find the tabloid size easier to read, although couldn't imagine getting my weekend edition of the Irish Times in tabloid, all that paper!

It does look very well, just hope they gave good notice on the change over, would imagine there was a lot of people asking if the champion came in yesterday morning and them probably standing over.

Magazine might take getting a bit of getting use to, there are many reason why I dont buy sunday tabloids/redtops, thats one of lesser reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Just realised, there's no Ballymote notes! How come? Also the farming notes are repeated on pages 48 and 50.

And did anyone notice the sterling price has changed? was STG£1.45 last week, now STG£1.25. Why's that?

Mrs Q47 reckons it's not as local as it was, and she may have a point there, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

New format, same old rubbish inside, sad to see a proud old paper on its last legs, circulation shot and editorial dictated by its remaining advertisers.

If the champion is on its last legs what about the weekender, that must be the biggest load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

^Weekender editorial stinks but not as much as the Champion, and it has much better production, there doesn't appear to be any financial worry, wheras the Cahmpion cannot buy revenue.

• Advertisement

The Weekender does not have any "news", if it does its old news. Its just a rag full of ads. Usually their front cover has big photo with couple of paragraphs and thats the main story, nothing more to add. Sure a quick glance in the shop and your finished reading what is worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Same crap, different layout.

Advertisement