Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food outlets on campus that accept Laser as method payment?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Help me out. I know the Arts Café doesn't accept it and afaik, I don't think the Restaurant does either. Anyone know of places that do? Shops as well as sit-down establishments. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Elements in the science block does [the food bit not sure about the 'starbucks' bit]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Help me out. I know the Arts Café doesn't accept it and afaik, I don't think the Restaurant does either. Anyone know of places that do? Shops as well as sit-down establishments. Thanks!

Elements if you spend over €5

• Registered Users Posts: 36 asdf1234

If you find you're having a hard time getting your laser card accepted, you can equally hold everyone up by rooting around your handbag for your purse for a few minutes instead, or by not having the faintest notion what you want to order until it's finally your turn to be served at the till.

It may be best if you do this while talking to your friends loudly, whilst at the same time not forgetting the near obligatory "like, you kneeooow, Oh my gaaawwwd like" in the middle of each sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

The restaurant takes credit cards at the cashiers furtherest from the window and probably takes Laser too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Laser card, pfft. Posh one here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

What's so posh about a laser card ... ye weirdos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Einstein? wrote: »
    What's so posh about a laser card ... ye weirdos

Pay with good aul fashioned notes and coins, cattle would be better. The less liquidity, the better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Some people don't like carrying money around with them. It's not a big deal, really.

Some people don't like carrying money around with them. It's not a big deal, really.

Its not a big deal, no, you are quite correct. AIDS is a big deal, world hunger, that sort of thing.
    Everyone else having to queue a few more minutes each is not a big deal. Then again, neither would using an ATM machine be a big deal.

Whats that you say, "but theres a queue for the ATM"? Inconvenient, isn't it..
    Now you know what everybody else has to do in every single shop on campus just so you don't have to carry cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

Laser cards are the way of the future. AFAIK everyone's bank card essentially functions as a laser card, which means you are carrying one in your pocket right now.

They as as fast as cash as long as everyone involved in the transaction is familiar with them and knows how the technology works. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that doesn't apply to the UCD shops.

• Advertisement

As fast as cash if everyone is familiar with how the technology works? My god, are you familiar with how the cash technology works? You just hand it to them and thats it, transaction successful. Effectively, you win at the game of buying stuff. You should try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Thanks to those who posted helpful replies.

I've no problem using an ATM to take out cash, except when I have 9.99 staring at me in my account and I can't withdraw anything! Hence the requirement for the Laser. :o

Bank statement pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Thanks to those who posted helpful replies.

I've no problem using an ATM to take out cash, except when I have 9.99 staring at me in my account and I can't withdraw anything! Hence the requirement for the Laser. :o

Go over to the bank (or over the flyover to Bank of Ireland) and withdraw the 9.99. I once had to do that one Friday evening to get money to get the bus home.

You could make a grand statement that you want to withdraw all your funds from your account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

Go over to the bank (or over the flyover to Bank of Ireland) and withdraw the 9.99. I once had to do that one Friday evening to get money to get the bus home.

You could make a grand statement that you want to withdraw all your funds from your account :D

That's funny. Might have to try that myself at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have never seen anyone bitch about using Laser card for payment so ****ing much, because of this thread I will make it my business to pay for every single thing I buy in UCD with my laser card, I will struggle to find it, use the one with no credit and forget my pin atleast twice per transaction just to piss you off.

is time spent using atm + time spent paying with cash < time spent paying with laser.

No? In that case if their is a queue for the ATM not paying by laser is selfish.

If we had a decent telecom system, and everyone knew how laser terminals worked, I am tempted to say it might even be as fast as paying with cash.

Now in order to keep on topic.

Centra accepts laser.

errlloyd wrote:
    is time spent using atm + time spent paying with cash < time spent paying with laser.

Not for you personally. I was thinking of the 20 people behind you. You probably haven't seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Pay with good aul fashioned notes and coins, cattle would be better. The less liquidity, the better.

wtf?

Advertisement