Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMELDA MAY

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

So, were any of you at the lunch time gig at the Old Oak - we got a call just before 13.00 to say she was playing, we raced down to the Old Oak - absolutely fantastic 30 min session - and all FREE. She was brill and I'd say a lot of people have gone back to their desks this afternoon with a big smile on their face. J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well this one is at his desk with a big frown because I never heard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

they didnt reveal the location,was a secret gig, even imelda said on red fm she wasnt even told where she was playing until she got to cork,

it could have backfired, imagine no one was there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

bladebrew wrote: »
    they didnt reveal the location,was a secret gig, even imelda said on red fm she wasnt even told where she was playing until she got to cork,

it could have backfired, imagine no one was there:)

On the radio this morning around 9am they said she would be playing in the old oak. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Sorry Aidan - one of my colleague's husband had the radio on, called us and as we're working nearby - it was a dash. OK I'll try to stop grinning - nope, I failed :) There will be a few improptu gigs around town today (apparently) and the big one at the Savoy that I tried to get tickets for weeks ago and all sold out. But from 16.00 there's a ticket gig at Old Oak (think it said €5.00) and there will be a "special guest" - damn work................... J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

kingtut wrote: »
    On the radio this morning around 9am they said she would be playing in the old oak. :)

oh i thought it wasnt even announced!!!
    i thought it was a bit strange not to tell anyone the venue:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement