Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens Tracker Mortgage with PTSB if moving house

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I am currently on a tracker mortage with PTSB for my family residence I intend to move to a larger more expensive house early next year.

Will I lose my tracker mortgage or will I have an option to keep my existing tracker and have option to top up with at a fixed or variable rate?

I am reluctant to ask PTSB for advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Anomic

Yes , you will lose tracker rate , if you make any amendment to existing mortgage. If you request additional funds, more than likely the full amount will be repriced at current rates. Unless PTSB have a facility to leave existing loan as it is, and to price top up as a seperate loan at current rates. Unlikely tho.
    Im only speculating tho, assuming PTSB follow same procedures as the Bank I work for. Best thing is speak to mortgage advisor asap, only they can advise you on what way they operate.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

782378 wrote: »
    I am currently on a tracker mortage with PTSB for my family residence I intend to move to a larger more expensive house early next year.

Will I lose my tracker mortgage or will I have an option to keep my existing tracker and have option to top up with at a fixed or variable rate?

Like 782378 said you will lose tracker rate when you move home, have no doubt about it. It may be worth while asking PTSB to buy your tracker mortgage off you and move to a vairable rate! I have heard of this happening on the news and that the financial regulator was not impressed. Dont know if it was PTSB that was doing this, it still is worth asking!!! Dont tell them you intend to trade up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

782378 wrote: »

Well you not going to get the right answer to your situation here!!!

Loosing you TM will depend if your paying it off in full or are you releasing equity to purchase the newer home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭3DataModem

You should treat the TM as an asset, and don't relinquish it without good reason.

Advertisement