Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honey Buzzard

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

There is a honey buzzard trapped in our shed that appears to be unable to leave. I think he followed the swallows that are nesting into the shed. The door is open but he seems unwilling/unable to exit through it. He s been there 2 days now, what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Call your local animal rescue asap.
    Buzzards have a long wingspan, The door would be to narrow for him to get out on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Get some advice from one of the birds of prey experts here http://www.irishwildlifematters.ie/animals/contacts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The obvious thing to do would be to catch it & release it. It can be caught in a net - a fishing landing net would work. Or gently corner it & throw a sheet or towel over it. If I were doing it I would wear some strong gloves & goggles. It needs to be out very urgently & if you cannot get help very soon then it is over to you. Two days without food & water is very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Hi OP, just wondering if the Honey Buzzard made it out okay?

Advertisement