Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edamame in the pod

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to find edamame in the pod these days? Don't seem to be sold in Asian Food Markets I've tried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Try the freezer section in the asian food markets. They don't do them fresh but they should do them in big bags, frozen. I never realised they were there until I investigated the freezers - usually I stay away from them because they're full of scary things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The freezer section of my local Asian store is a treasure trove of goodies. Shame some of the portion sizes are huge. I just can't imaging ever buying a kilo of duck tongues. But the frogs legs were a good find (even if they are still in my freezer). Also the portioned blue swimmer crab is brilliant for Singapore Chilli crab. The edamame are good too - just steam for ten minutes and add salt.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've been looking for these too! I'm on the verge of going into Wagamama and asking who their supplier is. Except I'd probably have to buy in bulk and I only want one bag, not 10 boxes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Yeah, I used to stock up on the frozen bags of them, but they're not there anymore.

Advertisement