Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant North Dublin

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Looking for a restaurant Northside for a special Family meal on a Sunday afternoon

European style food i.e. not asian (parents don't like it)
    Any recommendations (apart from Oscar taylors)

Cheers
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

http://www.kinara.ie/

Nom nom nom :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

How far Northside? Malahide has Cruzos which I think is quite nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

cosmic wrote: »
    http://www.kinara.ie/

Nom nom nom :pac:

I'd love that but i boubt my parents would be into indian

TheBlock wrote: »

Malahide is cool even a few miles more

I should of said in my first post.
    European style food

Cheers so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Grand Hotel in Malahide do a lovely Sunday lunch in their Coast restaurant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Restaurant 1014 in Clontarf, just beside Kinara, at the wooden bridge.

Lovely food plus all the profits go to a good cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Little bit further but The Snail Box just outside Ashbourne is really nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TheBlock wrote: »

My mouth just watered, my favourite restaurant in the whole world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

deckie27 wrote: »
    Looking for a restaurant Northside for a special Family meal on a Sunday afternoon

What area of the Northside will you be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Mastersons in Swords is supposed to be lovely, my folks go there a bit. You can cook your steak on a stone! :D

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/north_dublin/swords/mastersons_steak_house_wine_bar.aspx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I like fareignheit in clontarf castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks a million everyone for your suggestions
    I deffo be checking out some of the suggested places but as a winner for this event is inbox

Checked out the site look the part and others have said they like it
    Booked for the meal
    Inbox wrote: »
    I like fareignheit in clontarf castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

cruzo's is a yuppi's haunt

the oar house in howth best food in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

irishbird wrote: »

If I could thank this post a thousand times I would, yummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

high end:

If you are looking for Michelin star you have to go to Chapter One :D

Picassos in Clontarf is quality (expensive though)

Mid-range:

Louies Bistro , Mountjoy Square

Anglers Rest, Strawberry Beds

Gastropub:

Porterhouse North

check out menupages.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Cape Greko in Malahide does lovely food and is very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Chez Sara in Malahide. It's tiny (capacity of 30) and the food is unreal. It's like a proper little foodie heaven. Book ahead if you want a table as they're always packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Susie_Q wrote: »
    My favourite restaurant in Dublin is Chez Sara in Malahide. It's tiny (capacity of 30) and the food is unreal. It's like a proper little foodie heaven. Book ahead if you want a table as they're always packed.

Oh I've walked past that so many times and thought it looked lovely. Might go there some week night, as it's always packed at weekends when I look in. Good to her it being recommended as I don't know anyone that's eaten there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

you can't get better food on the northside
    Bon Appetit, Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

We regularly frequent Moloughneys in Clontarf and Avoca at Malahide Castle (Avoca is self service). Can anyone recommend any other good restaurants in North Dublin, suitable for bringing young (1yo and 4yo) children, with high quality food, and ideally easy to get parking nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Kealys at the back of the airport do very good food. Very reasonable prices for the 3 courses too. Really recommend for a family friendly place to eat and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Kealy's menu looks rather traditional and dated (Turkey & Stuffing, Bacon & Cabbage, Cod & Chips, etc.), whereas we're a bit more into mid-to higher-end food (e.g. Avoca & Moloughneys as mentioned above), so happy to get any suggestions along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Moloughneys will be taking over the operation of the cafe in Red Stables at St Annes Park, so keep an eye on the menu there...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Moloughneys will be taking over the operation of the cafe in Red Stables at St Annes Park, so keep an eye on the menu there...

Didn't know that, thanks.

Da Mimmos on North Strand is a great little restaurant. http://www.damimmo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

derra_121 wrote: »
    Kealys at the back of the airport do very good food. Very reasonable prices for the 3 courses too. Really recommend for a family friendly place to eat and drink.
    Not being smart but imo Kealys is awful. Their offering is extremely dated and run of the mill bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 quizzer

odyssey06 wrote: »

That's great news, we are regulars in the park, but not particularly enamoured of the current cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

quizzer wrote: »
    That's great news, we are regulars in the park, but not particularly enamoured of the current cafe.

The current cafe in the park is absolutely woeful! Food and service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. Never went back and always thought it was such a shame to have something so shoddy in such a lovely location.
    McLs will do a great job there and will clean up I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not sure when Moloughneys are taking over, just it was listed as an item at recent councillors meeting...
    "The grant of a 4-year licence to operate a tearoom in the Red Stables, St. Anne’s Park, Mount Prospect Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3 to Olive’s Room Ltd (Moloughney’s), 35 Kincora Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3."

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I ate there for only the second time recently and it was just divine. I had the black pudding and egg to start and the pudding was sensational, easily the best I've ever tasted and far better than anything you'd get in a supermarket. Luckily the menu in the Snailbox lists Hugh Maguires butchers in Ashbourne as the supplier so I made a beeline for there a couple of days later. Turns out he has won a rake of awards for his black pudding and for sausages too. I've been gorging on them ever since :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 quizzer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I ate there for only the second time recently and it was just divine. I had the black pudding and egg to start and the pudding was sensational, easily the best I've ever tasted and far better than anything you'd get in a supermarket. Luckily the menu in the Snailbox lists Hugh Maguires butchers in Ashbourne as the supplier so I made a beeline for there a couple of days later. Turns out he has won a rake of awards for his black pudding and for sausages too. I've been gorging on them ever since :D

The "My Mouth just watered" comment was about Cruzzo in Malahide. Isn't that closed now? Or were you referring to another restaurant?

Advertisement