Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant North Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

McHughs in Rahney

http://www.mchughs.ie/dine/

Gourmet Food Parlour in Malahide

http://www.gourmetfoodparlour.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

spurious wrote: »
    Must drop in. I hope it's not still like a glasshouse in the sun.

It's downstairs in the old photographic studio.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

John Mason wrote: »

Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin has finally reopened under new ownership. All the best to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Ollie's Place in Skerries is fantastic.

http://www.ollies.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Il Fornaio at the coast road-end of the Kilbarrack Road (next to McHugh's Off License, Centra etc.) is a great spot that I think is overlooked. Really great Italian restaurant and no need to trapse into town or out to Malahide etc.

They have a few other places around the city now also, cafe on Liffey St. (formerly Taste of Emilia), restaurant in IFSC, and a bakery on Dame St. I was in the cafe earlier today actually and while it's not that far north :pac: it's still a nice place on the northside. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Washerwoman's Hill in Glasnevin has finally reopened under new ownership. All the best to them.

It's crazy expensive, I've been there twice, once for dinner and once for brunch, prices are off the wall, everyone in the area is saying it. And lot of the ingredients are cheaper cuts/types than you would expect, mackerel etc. they have dropped some items off he menu and some prices since opening I think but it's still too much for what they are serving, €22 for a lambs liver dish? I had their Irish breakfast for brunch, it was a nice meal etc but with a small coffee it cost me €18!

They are actually dearer than the city centre brunch places and are not the same standard. It's a great pity as having a decent restaurant in the area was badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

I'd like to recommend Il Sereno on Church Road in East Wall. Absolutely delicious Italian (I think it's in the top 5 Italian restaurants in Dublin on Trip Advisor).

It's a really nice little place too and the owner is a gent. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

mambo wrote: »
    We regularly frequent Moloughneys in Clontarf and Avoca at Malahide Castle (Avoca is self service). Can anyone recommend any other good restaurants in North Dublin, suitable for bringing young (1yo and 4yo) children, with high quality food, and ideally easy to get parking nearby?

We ate at Ikea on Sunday while doing some shopping and the food was good, quite inexpensive - no assembly required ;) - plus there's an area where you can sit and eat and watch your kids while they play. Plus the kids had fun exploring the children's department. Not somewhere for a special occasion of course, but a cheap option for dining out with kids worth bearing in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Pigeonhouse in Clontarf. Really good food, and they are great with kids.

House in Howth. We bring kids there all the time. Good food.

Deep, also in Howth, wouldn't be my favourite or a place I'd personally choose but if you are looking for something casual that kids and older generations will enjoy, it's a good one (my parents love it).

Casa Pasta in Clontarf, I'd second Il Fornaio - good pizza, good pasta, proper Italian. And there's a chipper next door if that doesn't do it for you!

Mulino's in Raheny - I've never been there but I know people who like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Bandara wrote: »
    It's crazy expensive, I've been there twice, once for dinner and once for brunch, prices are off the wall, everyone in the area is saying it. And lot of the ingredients are cheaper cuts/types than you would expect, mackerel etc. they have dropped some items off he menu and some prices since opening I think but it's still too much for what they are serving, €22 for a lambs liver dish? I had their Irish breakfast for brunch, it was a nice meal etc but with a small coffee it cost me €18!

They are actually dearer than the city centre brunch places and are not the same standard. It's a great pity as having a decent restaurant in the area was badly needed.

The early bird, 3 courses €25, is brilliant value, in my opinion - but it is very limited in time during December.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sheepo wrote: »
    I'd like to recommend Il Sereno on Church Road in East Wall. Absolutely delicious Italian (I think it's in the top 5 Italian restaurants in Dublin on Trip Advisor).

It's a really nice little place too and the owner is a gent. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend it.

Tried Il Sereno a couple of months ago - very tasty.

Had some lovely Italian food in Picasso in Clontarf, bottom of Vernon Avenue, which, to a man (and woman) everyone of my friends described to me as 'very expensive' when I said I was going there. I don't know why it got such a reputation. It's not the prices of Romano's of Capel Street for sure, but it's no more over the odds than a lot of Clontarf places are. The food and service, for the record, were great.

Pigeon House, Il Fornaio, House, Mulino's, Casa Pasta, all lovely, though if someone else is footing the bill, I'm still heading for Kinara. :)

**edit Forgot, that Steakhouse in the hotel beside the yacht club in Clontarf is very good. Another place that doesn't break the bank is where the Hollybrook hotel was - is it called Gilbert and something?

spurious wrote: »
    Another place that doesn't break the bank is where the Hollybrook hotel was - is it called Gilbert and something?

It was Gilbert & Wright but it's gone now. They re-emerged as The Pigeonhouse in the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

the carnegie court it worth a punt .does a really nice early bird and a sunday lunch.

We had our wedding reception in the restaurant a good few years ago and called back this year for lunch. it was all good!

Looking for somewhere for a nice childfree lunch today.

We usually go to Andersons or gourmet food parlour.

Any suggestions? Has anywhere new opened up that we missed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Pidgeon House in clontarf on Vernon ave is relatively new.

We are on the way to the 22 on sion hill road

John Mason wrote: »
    We are on the way to the 22 on sion hill road

Heard good things about it. Let us know..... :)

Couldn't get in - no reservation but it looks lovely.

Have ended up in the nuthouse!!!

No wine but sure it will do - starving

• Advertisement
Advertisement