Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Galway city centre

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

Might be moving into a place in Galwya city centre. But there is no parking. Anybody know where I might be able to but a parking space nearby???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You could advertise that you want to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check in Advertiser. It's not cheap.
    Depending on where you move there may be residents parking allowed on the street.
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/RoadsandTraffic/ParkingPermits/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wondering

Working in Galway city, hours vary, so need a parking space that I would have access to from 8am to 12pm.

It may be a temporary job, so have no interest in buying one or renting one if huge deposit is needed.

Any ideas?

Oh yea, would have to be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

wondering wrote: »
    Working in Galway city, hours vary, so need a parking space that I would have access to from 8am to 12pm.

It may be a temporary job, so have no interest in buying one or renting one if huge deposit is needed.

Any ideas?

If you're in that early & are only looking for something temporary, then the Dyke Road car park is your best bet really IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Any ideas?

Where are you going to be working?
    Parking in town can be a major hassle (as far as I am concerned) and can be expensive.
    Even if you can get a permit it can be difficult to park when you need.
    It may be more cost efficient and handier to rent outside town that has handy parking than in town in a place with no parking.
    There are places on college road/mervue/renmore/ballybrit/doughiska that are a bus ride from town if you are working there and that are far handier for parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wondering

Working near enough to eyre square

• Registered Users Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Working near enough to eyre square

You'd almost be better looking for a place on College Road/Mervue areas that you could either:
    1. Walk to town from
    or
    2. Get a bus from.
    All the busses terminate in Eyre square

You could probably park a car for nothing outside any houses you could rent in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

catreyn wrote: »
    If you're in that early & are only looking for something temporary, then the Dyke Road car park is your best bet really IMO.

If you're looking for closer in, check out the park behind the Forster Court. A friend got quoted a very nice weekly rate there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

If you are in for 8am then the Cathedral car park (the big outside one) does a €5 a day rate, I think. Need to get there before 9am for a definite spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

I know of a car park in the Liosban Estate/Terryland Retail Park where the charge is €2 per day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement