Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire HD or Z, which one would suit you better and why?

• 23-09-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

As the title says, which one would suit you better and why? I'm torn because of the screen, video and camera on the HD, but the functionality of the keyboard on the Z.

If there's another Android 2.2 capable phone you'd prefer, or even an upcoming one I'd like to hear about that too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

LA3G wrote: »
    As the title says, which one would suit you better and why? I'm torn because of the screen, video and camera on the HD, but the functionality of the keyboard on the Z.

If there's another Android 2.2 capable phone you'd prefer, or even an upcoming one I'd like to hear about that too.

I'll be buying one of them but honestly couldn't say which until I feel them in the hand. Slightly worried by the HDs size and the Zs weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Will these phones be even out for christmas! If they are only being released officially one can only think it will be months before any operators have them loaded and ready with there branded software!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Im grand with my normal Desire but I know I would never use the keyboard on the Z, the virtual one is more than sufficient. The HD is nice but any bigger than the standard Desire would be too big I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm due my upgrade in October, but I'm tempted to wait till the new year when the Android 3.0 devices will be released...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirez/specification.html

http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirehd/specification.html

If you check the spec that they Desire Hd has faster processor and more ram that the z. This with the fact ive gotten so used to touch screens i would go with the hd. Also anytime ive owned a phone that slides or flips open ive managed to break it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

More megahertz does not equal faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Baza210 wrote: »
    More megahertz does not equal faster.

Of course. But in the case of these two phones they're the same generation from the same manufacturer so it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

as above im very happy with my desire, the HD may be just that little bit too big, and will be waiting to see what comes in the new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Definitely considering the HD. Bigger screen is a worry but I'm optimistic that it's not going to seem too big. So long as it fits in the pocket, the extra size will be great. My 'phone' gets much more use as a mobile web device than an actual telephone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Im planning on getting the HD. I always liked big phones. Though I do miss being able to walk and text without having to look at my phone that a textile keypad offered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dimbodoyle

Anyone know when either of these will be available in the Irish market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Goodshape wrote: »
    Definitely considering the HD. Bigger screen is a worry but I'm optimistic that it's not going to seem too big. So long as it fits in the pocket, the extra size will be great. My 'phone' gets much more use as a mobile web device than an actual telephone.

while the screen is bigger, the phone itself is not that much bigger, in comparison to the Desire, as the screen itself takes up more of the phone than on the desire.

4mm higher, 1mm thinner, 8mm wider. Maybe that 8mm in width will feel like a lot though.

Advertisement