Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Rising 2 Thread

Options
  • 23-09-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

hey guys, anyone know if Dead rising 2 has gone on sale early anywhere??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have heard of some people who know people that work in gamestores playing it, doubt they are selling it just yet.

Whats the big rush? Its only like a week till it comes out, why do people HAVE to have games early. Had a friend who threw a gigantic hissy-fit because GAME wouldnt sell Mafia 2 the day before since they didnt have the retail codes, I was standing there thinking "WTF is wrong with you, its just a game you will be buying tomorrow??"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

yeah yeah thats annoyin alright, almost annoyin as people gettin on their little soapbox cos someone asked a simple question on here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Let's stay on topic.
    You can either help OP, or ignore thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Have heard of some people who know people that work in gamestores playing it, doubt they are selling it just yet.

Whats the big rush? Its only like a week till it comes out,

It's out tomorrow.

Inclined to agree with you but I do tend to try and get games as early as possible (edit: legally :P) myself for games I'm really excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

anyone kow how much it is? or should i wait a day or 2 for the shops to have price wars

• Advertisement

Merged and renamed

DufferO8 wrote: »
    anyone kow how much it is? or should i wait a day or 2 for the shops to have price wars

Was in XV in Tallaght village, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

DufferO8 wrote: »

Price wars will be done with by about 10am on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

xtravision after 9pm on a thursday lads

almost always sell games from then onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Prices that I noticed so far today are:

Hmv : €44:99 ( with zombieland blu-ray and a zombie figure) , Game : €49:99 , Gamestop €49:99 ( with free t-shirt)

• Advertisement

Clover wrote: »
    Prices that I noticed so far today are:

Hmv : €44:99 ( with zombieland blu-ray and a zombie figure) , Game : €49:99 , Gamestop €49:99 ( with free t-shirt)

Went up to the Square as soon as I read your post. Was going to get the game next week, but a free Zombieland blu-ray was too good an offer to miss.

Just back from HMV in the Square, was about 10 blu-ray behind counter when I left.
    Don't know how many zombie figures are there, they were in a box.

The zombieland blu-ray is a great bonus , such a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I could probably get the answer to this question more quickly by visiting gamestop or ign but what the hell ! Boards.ie is free and is for asking questions so here goes

When is this game coming out on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Seriously ? :confused:

this is the ps3 forum, and peole have said they bought it today, soooo.....

jmx009 wrote: »

When is this game coming out on the PS3?

It went on sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Strange According to gamespot and IGN the game is coming out on 28th. Could be that europe has a earlier release date. Its always nice when we get stuff earlier than the yanks ! :)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/deadrising2/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B2

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14312883.html

yeah its out in europe first, and north america on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Just picked it up, should pass away the next few hours nicely, oh I do love these Zombie killing Sundays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had a 9 euro voucher from buying F1 so i got DR2, zombieland blu ray little zombie figure for 36 euro cant complain. Except that the game is pretty poor but i had played the first one so i was prepared for that.

Why oh why cant games developers make a single good zombie game without messing it up.

Why oh why cant games developers make a single good zombie game without messing it up.

resident evil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't like the first one. I bought this hoping it would be different. It's not, but for some reason I like it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Just bought the game today and the loading times are really annoying me but otherwise its a alright game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

big mistake buying this one lol.. did it really merit the special edition(s) treatment? nah. not nearly a major release. should carry an under 15s cert - guess i'll trade it for fifa at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

hope its not that bad im expecting it in the post tomorrow, i played the first one and trying to save the survivors really annoyed me, so much so i got rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

lots of that bro =( and a lot of patience, required. valid concept but for me the sh*tty build ain't worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nice game but the whole time thing is killing me. good concept but applied in an annoying way. Never thought i'd miss autosave so much.

I'm really enjoying it anyway. They've fine-tuned the more frustrating aspects of the first game and made them less frustrating. There's much more save points around the place, and I for one always liked the time aspect. Creates a great sense of tension.

The combo weapons are fun and the co-op seems really solid. All in all I love it. It's pure Dead Rising, and that's a good thing in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it anyway. They've fine-tuned the more frustrating aspects of the first game and made them less frustrating. There's much more save points around the place, and I for one always liked the time aspect. Creates a great sense of tension.

The combo weapons are fun and the co-op seems really solid. All in all I love it. It's pure Dead Rising, and that's a good thing in my eyes.

Yeah, I really like it. some random guy jumped into my game and kicked some undead ass which helped a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Helix wrote: »
    resident evil?

Dam forgot that :D ok but thats still only one good Zombie game... resi 2 ...ok thats two but there definetly isnt a..... resi 3 .....ahhhh dam, 4 was good but farmer zombies ??!! what ever next african zombies ?? Yip in 5 :(

Call of duty did good zombies but the game was crap, Left for dead ? fast zombies F off !!

Just got to the part where i give the girl the zombrex had to stand for 2 hours looking at my watch exciting stuff !!! I really want to like this game but it makes it very difficult.

• Advertisement

Just got to the part where i give the girl the zombrex had to stand for 2 hours looking at my watch exciting stuff !!! I really want to like this game but it makes it very difficult.

No you don't have to stand there for 2 hours, you can wander outside for a while and kill nearby zombies to level up. Sounds like it's you making it difficult for yourself to like the game.

Also Left 4 Dead rocks. I don't understand where it's been stated that all zombies have to be slow and lumbering. God forbid someone tries a different treatment or variation on the concept. Left 4 Dead as a game is outstanding. If it was werewolves not zombies or infected that you were facing in Left 4 Dead would you still call it a bad game?

In terms of the shambling, slow-moving zombies, Dead Rising captures it perfectly if you ask me and the first was basically Dawn of the Dead the game. Capturing the tone and sometime sense of monotony in mowing down endless zombies, only for you to be killed by a horde of them when you leave your guard down for a moment. What I love about Dead Rising is that you can be attacking one group of zombies oblivious to the fact that a crowd of zombies have slowly formed behind you and you're about to be overwhelmed. It's that slow tension in contrast to the constant, edgy tension of Left 4 Dead.

Advertisement