Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's first geothermal generator

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I think someone in this thread was hoping for a good anti-Government rant. It then turned out it was private money but they now don't want to back down lest they look foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭SeanW

visible evidence for justification thats all. as of a link from 1995 above, there is/was apparently very little subterranean thermal activity that we knew of existing here back then..

its unlike Germany and France aforementioned; the evidence is more evident And tangible for them

"Where else is there a hot spring?
    Mallow ....
    http://resources.metapress.com/pdf-p...0&size=largest
    "

to get the hopes up of the general popl. requires something substantive now. rumors of oil off Dalkey seemed tantalising, sadly.
    not investing for a laugh - no outside expertise or input tho'; seems they're going solo with this..
    And by all accounts putting up €30m of their own money. Sorry, I'll assume they know what they're doing in preference to listening to some potentially ill advised comment by an anonymous individual posting under a handle, whose credentials must be called into question. I agree that the "Spirit of Ireland" scheme was a non runner, I feared as much from the time it was first mooted and closer examination confirmed it - i.e. needing a silly amount of concrete to build the dams while presenting an environmental risk relating to bring seawater onto land.

But I don't see the connection between the two projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

SeanW wrote: »
    And by all accounts putting up €30m of their own money. Sorry, I'll assume they know what they're doing in preference to listening to some potentially ill advised comment by an anonymous individual posting under a handle, whose credentials must be called into question. I agree that the "Spirit of Ireland" scheme was a non runner, I feared as much from the time it was first mooted and closer examination confirmed it - i.e. needing a silly amount of concrete to build the dams while presenting an environmental risk relating to bring seawater onto land.

there isnt meant to be a connection; i was simply alluding to something renewable-wise, ad-libbing.

nobody is asking them to listen to "ill advised comment by an anonymous individual .."; "credentials called into question", wtf.

I'll issue forth opinion if you don't mind. I've questioned this more than any

'sheeple on this thread could muster. no harm to identify the "white elephant" (project) in the room which it in all likelihood is.

(The 'rasher is now concluding his foray into this topic )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

there isnt meant to be a connection; i was simply alluding to something renewable-wise, ad-libbing.

nobody is asking them to listen to "ill advised comment by an anonymous individual .."; "credentials called into question", wtf.

I'll issue forth opinion if you don't mind. I've questioned this more than any

'sheeple on this thread could muster. no harm to identify the "white elephant" (project) in the room which it in all likelihood is.

(The 'rasher is now concluding his foray into this topic )
    Ahhh, you were doing so well and then you referred to yourself in the third person...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Soil Mechanic

SeanW wrote: »

I'm sorry but thats nonsense.

The main factor for lack of (visibile) progress is Planning & Cost.

If you looked at the proposal you would see that concrete mass was not the proposed soltuion but rather earth dams, and the so called environmental risk from sea-water is non-existant. Please get the facts straight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

If you looked at the proposal you would see that concrete mass was not the proposed soltuion but rather earth dams, and the so called environmental risk from sea-water is non-existant. Please get the facts straight.

Spirit of Ireland can count many esteemed professionals in their number - engineers, scientists, planners - but what they also really need are some good PR people. It's hard to get facts straight when SoI aren't putting any facts out there to begin with. They'll be met with cynicism until they do.

Advertisement