Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Bonham Tribute Gig

Options
  • 23-09-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Since Zep where considered Heavy Metal gonna post this here since there is no Classic Rock forum :p

Sugar Club are hosting a tribute to one of the greatest drummers ever. 3 drummers from various Irish bands are going to be rocking it out on stage playing medley's and full songs. Should be a great night!

JOHN BONHAM
    30 YEARS GONE

A tribute to Led Zeppelin’s drummer – the greatest drummer of all time

3 drummers (JOHNNY BOYLE – Marianne Faithful, Pugwash. BINZER BRENNAN – The Frames, Mundy. SIMON FREEDMAN – Hal, Smash Hits)
    Bonham Replica Drumkits
    4 classic Zep Songs played with FULL BAND
    30 Zep sings in 13 minutes MEDLEY
    3 drummer jam
    Pearl Demon Drive Pedal and more to be won
    Tickets €10 on the door of the Sugar Club
    Starts 2pm

http://www.state.ie/2010/09/listings/john-bonham-30-years-gone-the-sugar-club-dublin/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Since Zep where considered Heavy Metal gonna post this here since there is no Classic Rock forum :p
    You do realise this is the Rock & Metal forum don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Malice_ wrote: »
    You do realise this is the Rock & Metal forum don't you?

Do you know DURING WHICH YEARS IN THE '70S COULD YOU HAVE SEEN HIM PLAYING LUDWIG AMBER VISTALITES? :rolleyes:

Jemmaa wrote: »
    Do you know DURING WHICH YEARS IN THE '70S COULD YOU HAVE SEEN HIM PLAYING LUDWIG AMBER VISTALITES? :rolleyes:
    1978? What's your point anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...and even he managed to make them sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd go if I lived anywhere near Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I would find this much easier and more interesting if there was 2 separate sub forums.

One for Metal and one for Rock/classic rock. I think there is enough of a genre difference to justify separate sub forums for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

1978? What's your point anyway?

My answer was 1973-1975 but unfortunately there was only 4 free tickets for right answer and now my heart is broken! :D

I would find this much easier and more interesting if there was 2 separate sub forums.

One for Metal and one for Rock/classic rock. I think there is enough of a genre difference to justify separate sub forums for both.
    If this forum was getting dominated by one genre over the other I would agree with you but I think there's a pretty even split. Looking at the front page right now we've got
    Dimmu Borgir, Bathory, Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Bonham, Roger Waters, Metallica, Rammstein and Y&T - that's 4 metal and 4 rock.
    My answer was 1973-1975 but unfortunately there was only 4 free tickets for right answer and now my heart is broken! :D
    Oh well, maybe next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wow, tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of Bonham's death, where have all the years gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

If this forum was getting dominated by one genre over the other I would agree with you but I think there's a pretty even split. Looking at the front page right now we've got
    Dimmu Borgir, Bathory, Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Bonham, Roger Waters, Metallica, Rammstein and Y&T - that's 4 metal and 4 rock.

Oh well, maybe next time ;)

Could we post a poll on a new thread to see what the regulars think of having a forum for Metal and another for Rock? Might be more people posting than usual.

• Advertisement

Could we post a poll on a new thread to see what the regulars think of having a forum for Metal and another for Rock? Might be more people posting than usual.
    You can post one if you want, nothing stopping you :).

Advertisement